addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Lower Mainland Bookcrossing Meetup Group Message Board › A new suggestion - the Newsletter

A new suggestion - the Newsletter

Marina
themarina
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 119
Hello everyone!

This morning I was doing a little bit of clean-up and while reading the most recent "organizer centre" post I saw a suggestion that could be of use to the group. One of the groups has set up a monthly newsletter which is electronically mailed to the group and printed for distribution at the meetups.

This could be of useful for the group. Listed could be the upcoming meetings, special events (like mass releases and special gatherings) along with upcoming book information like readings, signings, bookclub selection (since the monthly bookclub seems to be getting on rather well) and upcoming booksales. I think this could be a handy thing for the group but I don't think I can gather all of this information on my own every month.

So what I'd like to propose is that a few individuals volunteer to help gather information for the newsletter. I see this as more of a email the organizer if you find anything out sort of thing but it would be nice to get one or two other individuals that I can call upon if I need help tracking something down.

So I put this to the group as a request for help and I'm looking for feedback too. What do you think of the idea? Willing to help?

Thanks everyone and we'll see you at the next meeting!

Marina
Helen M.
helenmartin4
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 7
It could be useful, especially as we seem to be spreading out a bit. It could end up as something rather onerous and structured in an unorganized organization smile but if it's decided to go ahead I would be willing to post the discussion group news and choices.
Helen