Come out and join the BCGolfPages Meetup Group for a 2 night / 3 round Golf Getaway to Chambers Bay in Washington State during the B.C. Day Long Weekend!
We will be playing golf at three of the premier golf courses in the state, The Home Course, Gold Mountain and Chambers Bay with a two night stay at the Hotel Murano located in the heart of the Tacoma. The cost for this trip is just $489 (plus 13.5 % hotel tax) per person, based on double occupancy in U.S. Dollars.
Chambers Bay is one of those must-play bucket list golf courses. Home to the 2015 US Open, it plays just over 7100 yards from the tips and is a true Scottish links style course designed by Robert Trent Jones II. With a variety of tee options, Chambers Bay provides an enjoyable player experience for many levels of golfers.
I have submitted a deposit to secure the hotel and tee times for our group and we can fit up to 24 players on this trip.
Please Note: I have instituted a $20.00 PayPal charge to RSVP for this trip. This is to ensure that those that RSVP are serious and we will use this $20.00 payment for our KP and putting contest prize money.
I will not be taking any online or cheque payments for this Meetup; each person must submit their own individual payment(s) via credit card with Kelsie Kellogg at the Murano Hotel by calling 1-888-862-3255 (one-eight-eight-eight-eight-six-two-three-two-five-five) or you can email Kelsie at Kelsie.Kellogg@hotelmuranotacoma.com and mention you are with the BCGolfPages Meetup Group
Cost Breakdown: (in U.S. dollars)
• Golf & Hotel, $489.00, plus 13.5 % hotel tax, based on double occupancy
• $1.50 per night hospitality tax
• $20.00 per person for KP and putting contest prizes.
Upgrades & Single Occupancy:
· $659.00 plus 13.5% hotel tax
· King Patron and Double Patron- Located on the top two floors of the hotel- guaranteed an excellent view of Downtown Tacoma, access to a private business center with computer, television, seating area, daily refreshments and private continental breakfast. The King Patron has one King bed, the Double Patron has two beds-there is only a total of 4 Double Patrons available. If you would like to upgrade to this room type the additional cost would be $50 per night.
· King Junior Suite- A corner suite with a city view, located at the end of the hallway, away from elevators, ice machines and other guest rooms to keep noise at a minimum. These suites are located on floors 5-15. This suite is about 575 square feet giving you more space than the King Deluxe room. This room has one King Bed and is an additional $70 per night.
· King Superior Suite- This is a two room, one bedroom corner suite with two full bathrooms. Separate from the bedroom there is a living area with couch (that pulls out to a queen sized bed) and a table with chairs- great for a small gathering that’s not focused on the bedroom. These suites are located on floors 16-23. If you would like to upgrade to this suite it is an additional $190 per night. This suite could easily accommodate two golfers, one in each bed.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
• Reservations cancelled before July 25, 2014 will not be penalized, full refund
• Reservations cancelled less than 7 days prior to our arrival date will be charged a portion of the stay.
• No-Shows will be considered as a cancellation and will forfeit full payment.
We tee off at The Home Course on Saturday August 2nd at 12:36 pm am. Please arrive at least 45-60 minutes early to check in and reserve your power cart. From The Home Course, we will proceed to the Murano Hotel in Tacoma to check in.
Sunday morning we tee off at Chambers Bay at 10:30 am and will Meetup after the round on the putting green for a Chambers Bay putting contest.
I have booked a table for 24 at the Meconi’s Pub & Eatery for 7pm on Sunday night so we can Meetup, socialize and talk about our rounds at The Home Course & Chambers Bay.
We will check out of the Murano Hotel on Monday morning and head to Gold Mountain for an 11:03 tee time.
About The Venues:
The Home Course (http://www.thehomecourse.com/)
Most golfers will have a blast (pun intended) playing the 7,424-yard course. Its firm and fast conditions are not the norm in the soggy Pacific Northwest. More than a dozen authentic sod-wall bunkers built by Superintendent Kelly Donaldson add to the links look and feel. The spectacular view of Mount Rainier, the Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound will remind you that this isn't Scotland, though.
The only two water hazards on the golf course -- on the short par-4 seventh and the par-3 14th -- define the best two holes. The Home Course, which hosted the 2010 U.S. Amateur in conjunction with Chambers Bay, will eventually house the offices of the Pacific Northwest Golf Association, the Washington State Golf Association and other golf associations.
Murano Hotel - Tacoma (http://www.hotelmuranotacoma.com/)
Centrally located in downtown Tacoma, Hotel Murano is just blocks from the best Tacoma restaurants, Tacoma shopping and of course, our world famous Tacoma sightseeing. With wireless high-speed Internet, 24-hour fitness center, 24-hour business center, Spiritual Menu and many other unique amenities, this Tacoma hotel provides all that a traveler needs.
Hotel Murano is one of the five boutique Provenance hotels that showcase the city’s local culture. Visit any Provenance hotel and expect to find the same world-class accommodation you would here, at this Tacoma, WA hotel.
Meconi’s Pub & Eatery (http://www.tacomapub.com/)
Most cities of any size have that one special place where the essence of the local spirit is captured and passed on to new generations. A place where out-of-town visitors upon returning home say “If you want to know that town, visit that place.” In Tacoma, Washington, that place is Meconi’s Pub & Eatery.
Located right downtown in the oldest building on one of the city’s oldest blocks is a local Tacoma pub which boasts a true Tacoma atmosphere— part working class grit and part unabashed optimism for the future. Meconi’s Tacoma Pub & Eatery A-BoardOh, and the food and drinks are pretty good, too.
Chambers Bay Golf Course (http://www.chambersbaygolf.com/)
The Chambers Bay golf course sits on an abandoned gravel mine on the shores of the Puget Sound minutes from downtown Tacoma in University Place. The gravel and sand were sculpted into a links-style layout by architect Robert Trent Jones Jr., complete with fescue grass tee to green.
For the U.S. Open, Chambers Bay will play over 7,500 yards, but there are numerous sets of tees for daily play. In fact, one of the appealing things about Chambers Bay to the USGA was its flexibility with tee locations.
For non-pros, Chambers Bay features some wide, generous fairways and huge, undulating greens. Green speeds will never be too fast here due to the fescue turf and severe undulations. The course will certainly rely on its greens to defend against the professionals. The course is walking-only and encourages the use of caddies.
Gold Mountain (http://www.goldmountaingolf.com/)
Dramatically sculpted into the Pacific Northwest splendor, the Olympic course has garnered impressive awards and has taken its place as one of America's finest municipally owned golf courses.
Wooded enclaves, rolling terrain and wide fairways are touted by the Cascade Course, with a long history of providing Championship golf in the Northwest.
Stunning views and delicious cuisine combine to offer relaxation and great memories under the roof of Gold Mountain's clubhouse, as well as the ability to host 300 guests for special events.
This is going to be an awesome trip and will certainly be one of the highlights in my 30 years of playing great golf courses. I sincerely hope you will join us.
Please keep me informed by posting a comment on the Meetup page for this event once you have submitted payment.
Go to Attendee List