addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

New Tech Colorado Message Board NonProfit Support Area › I Have a Dream Foundation of Boulder

I Have a Dream Foundation of Boulder

Robert R.
user 3161500
Group Organizer
Boulder, CO
Post #: 101
Use this message thread to talk about I Have a Dream Foundation of Boulder
A former member
Post #: 1
Once we got into the details of scoping the project I Have a Dream wanted to accomplish the feeling was it was too large to tackle as a fully custom solution. It would be difficult for them to maintain it over time with the technical resources they regularly have available to them, plus building and testing it would have been far more than we could accomplish in one night. So we spent the time during our session capturing requirements, working on database designs for portions of the system, and investigating systems that already exist and might be able to be customized for their needs.

Specifically we looked at SugarCRM, Zoho.com and, based on an excellent recommendation from Ryan, Salesforce.com. We ended up concentrating on Salesforce.com because it had the best combination of potential functionality, customizability, complete integration, and the most accessible support infrastructure of the three options. Through their Foundation, Salesforce.com will provide non-profits with 10 Enterprise Edition licenses for free and sell additional licenses at a substantial discount. They have a Non-Profit Starter Pack that provides out-of-the-box customization (...is that an oxymoron??) that configures the system for the most common functions non-profits need.

Action items going forward include:

• Signing up for a trial Salesforce.com account and exploring the details of the Non-Profit Starter Pack
  • Identify online and local resources for Salesforce.com training and future support / development
  • Documenting the fields and workflow for the client data tracking side of the system
  • Find a workable solution that would allow hundreds of volunteers to enter data through the I Have a Dream Boulder County website and have it validated by the Salesforce.com database and linked to the appropriate records.

If anyone has experience with advanced Salesforce.com Web-to-Lead forms or Force.com Sites, we could use your help on this last action item in particular.

We also covered some Joolma security and templating points to follow up on, however those weren't our main priority for the evening.