Let's play games this Friday at the Crystal City Shops in the open area called "The Landing." There are lots of tables for games, and the mall has many eateries where you can get food to go. The Landing is right next to the Crystal City metro stop and, if you're driving, there is free parking after 4:00 pm in the garage. See below for more details.
We'll be starting at 6 pm, but feel free to wander in whenever you'd like. If everyone is already in the middle of games, please don't hesitate to pull up a chair and watch a game in progress.
We like to play a variety of new board games ranging from silly party games to complex Euro games. Here are some of the games we like to play.
• Tzolkin (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/126163/tzolk-mayan-calendar)
• Castles of Burgundy (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/84876/castles-burgundy)
• Puerto Rico (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3076/puerto-rico)
• Stone Age (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/34635/stone-age)
• Splendor (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/148228/splendor)
• The Resistance (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/41114/resistance)
• Spyfall (https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/166384/spyfall)
Gamers of all experience levels are welcome. It's a friendly group that's always happy to meet new people and teach games.
Directions from the Metro
If you're taking the Metro, exit at Crystal City and you can walk to The Landing without having to go outside. When you come up the first set of escalators, turn right to enter the underground shops and then turn right at Rite Aid. Continue straight and The Landing will be the large open seating area on your right, next to San Antonio Bar & Grill and Subway.
If you're driving, parking after 4 pm is free in the garage. Enter the garage for 1750 Crystal Drive on 18th Street and take a ticket. (You'll need this to exit, but there's no charge). Take the elevators up to Level S. The Landing is the large open seating area next to San Antonio Bar & Grill and Subway.
If that parking garage is full, exit the garage and turn left on 18th and left again on Crystal Drive. A second parking garage is located on Crystal Drive between 18th Street and 15th Street.
This is a link to a map of the Crystal City Shops: http://www.thecrystalcityshops.com/ The Landing is in the yellow section on the map near the San Antonio Bar & Grill and Subway.