addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Berkeley Group Message Board › Anyone interested in a potluck/bonfire in Wildcat Canyon Park?

Anyone interested in a potluck/bonfire in Wildcat Canyon Park?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi!
I had such a great time at the Eat of the Grid but I'm afraid that with Sandia on vacation, the group may lost momentum. So I'd like to propose a potluck/bonfire at Wildcat Canyon Park. If people are interested, we'd need people to agree to bring certain supplies etc but I just wanted to feel it out to see if anyone would want to go.

Date: August 7th
Place: Wildcat Canyon Park
When: 7 pm
What: Bonfire- we could make smores, roast weiners, play instruments, whatever you'd like

Let me know if you're interested even if another date works! I will have to reserve a site.
A former member
Post #: 1
I'd definitely be interested -- if there was any way that we might be able to make it a bit earlier, say gathering closer to 6pm? This is completely selfish, as I have super early mornings on Mondays... So obviously if 7pm works better for others, than certainly go for it. Happy to assist in the organization and logistics if needed.
A former member
Post #: 2
I'd definitely be interested -- if there was any way that we might be able to make it a bit earlier, say gathering closer to 6pm? This is completely selfish, as I have super early mornings on Mondays... So obviously if 7pm works better for others, than certainly go for it. Happy to assist in the organization and logistics if needed.

I think doing it closer to 6 would be fine. I suspect a lot of people would find that better. I'll keep you posted- so far you're the only one who's shown interest! We may have to wait for Sandia to come back so it can be put up as a real meet-up.
A former member
I'm up for potluck / Bonfire August 7th if this meetup comes together. I'm flexible on the time, so please count me in and let me know if I can help!

Michal
A former member
When does Sandia come back? My worry is that if we don't get it up in the next couple of days, it's just too late for people to plan for. Weekends tend to get jammed up! Do you think it might be smarter to push it off to NEXT Sunday, the 14th, instead? That way, we could get it posted by the end of this week and that stills gives folks a week to plan...

Just my two cents. I'm psyched for it either way!
Willow
A former member
Great idea! I'd be interested if not this time the next....
Laura
A former member
Post #: 3
When does Sandia come back? My worry is that if we don't get it up in the next couple of days, it's just too late for people to plan for. Weekends tend to get jammed up! Do you think it might be smarter to push it off to NEXT Sunday, the 14th, instead? That way, we could get it posted by the end of this week and that stills gives folks a week to plan...

Just my two cents. I'm psyched for it either way!
Willow

I think she will be gone awhile. But I also realize that I may have spoken to soon- I think I need more notice to reserve a picnic spot. I'll look into it and post more when I know. So maybe we should leave it that the date's up in the air for now.
I'm glad you think it's a good idea.
A former member
Post #: 4
Great idea! I'd be interested if not this time the next....
Laura

Oh good!. I'm going to check into it a bit more and find out how much notice we need. Then I'll come back with another date.
A former member
Post #: 5
I'm up for potluck / Bonfire August 7th if this meetup comes together. I'm flexible on the time, so please count me in and let me know if I can help!

Michal

I hope you will be up for it when it actually happens! (If it actually happens). I'll keep you posted!
A former member
Post #: 4
Julia -
Did you ever have luck figuring out how to get a permit for something like this? I still think it would be fun to do... Maybe reschedule for Sunday September 11th at 6pm? Happy to help organize if you'd like!
Willow