addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Berkeley Board Gamers Message Board Berkeley Board Gamers Discussion Forum › Berkeley Board Gamers Summary

Berkeley Board Gamers Summary

David F
user 6964091
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 100
Added 4 users. Be sure to update Want to Play often! Dungeon Lords is a clear #1 on the list with 6 members wanting to play, while Dune's 4 might scratch their itch with the upcoming meetup. Twilight Struggle is now tied for most desired.
David F
user 6964091
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 101
Updated 2-25-10. Note after the new layout change to Meetup, you get to the Files section through More -> Files. Or click here.

The file is in Excel 2007 format. If enough people can't view it, I'll upload a backward-compatible version also.
David F
user 6964091
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 105
Now in geeklist format.

If you were on it before, I deleted and re-submitted it (I had submitted it before it was ready).
Marc
MarcMyWords
Palo Alto, CA
Post #: 12
I've only made it to one meetup but my username is culturejam
A former member
Post #: 1
My bgg name is wiseoldduck.

Do the Sunday meetups not happen every week, or just not get posted every week?
A former member
Post #: 56
My bgg name is wiseoldduck.

Do the Sunday meetups not happen every week, or just not get posted every week?

They used to happen every Sunday, but I don't think we are doing them any more.

Shanthi
David F
user 6964091
Berkeley, CA
Post #: 152
Updated Feb 13 2012. In the Files section as usual: http://www.meetup.com...­ The members have changed drastically.

You get to see our combined collection, wishlist, what we want to play and what we rate highly. Separate sheets detail which user owns/wants to play/rates what.

Current users tracked are itzbharath, selwyth, LadyDi, Sssssnidely, HappyHexagon, SirHandsome, mmaaaxx Hiko Bunta, ralphio, jazgonz, VoodooXT, KoolKow, Kryptos, spexyjaj, Apple Paul.

Let me know if you want to be included or excluded. I'll probably refresh every month or so, unless somebody requests an earlier refresh. Just keep updating your BGG owned/rating/want-to-play/wishlist, and Big Brother will collect the data.

A sampling of what's in the file:

Highest Rating (at least 4 raters)
Rk Game Rating # of Ratings
1 Chaos in the Old World 9.100 5
2 Hansa Teutonica 8.917 6
3 Twilight Struggle 8.900 5
4 Eclipse 8.700 5
5 Tichu 8.675 8
6 Battlestar Galactica 8.500 7
7 Tinners' Trail 8.500 4

Appears most often on Wishlist (twice each)
1989: Dawn of Freedom
Chaos in the Old World
Dune
Eclipse
Evo
Nexus Ops
Rex: Final Days of an Empire
Sekigahara: Unification of Japan
The Resistance
Twilight Struggle
Wiz-War

Most Want to Play - Red means nobody in the group owns this.
Game; # who want to play
Earth Reborn 4
A Game of Thrones: The Board Game 3
Chaos in the Old World 3
Claustrophobia 3
Eclipse 3
Fury of Dracula 3
Ikusa 3
Mage Knight: Board Game 3
Nexus Ops 3
Power Grid 3
Space Hulk (third edition) 3
The Resistance 3
Through the Desert 3
Twilight Struggle 3
Wiz-War 3
Kweku
user 13709458
Oakland, CA
Post #: 11
Wow that's excellent, thanks David!

Congratulations to Chaos in the Old World!

I see that Tichu is #1 with the Bayesian average -- that's about right

Dune would have won Wishlist count if you calculated this a month ago, but I took it off mine because of Rex
A former member
Post #: 61
Thanks David. You're the best! I may have to buy Fury of Dracula so that someone has one.

Shanthi
Owen C.
OBear
Oakland, CA
Post #: 8
I, uh, have both Nexus Ops and Fury of Dracula. If enough people badger me to come to game night one of these days . . .