Location visible to members
# Let us improve CityGram.NYC - JOIN US FOR CITYGRAM SATURDAY!
On Sat, Oct 24, from Noon till 7:00 pm, we're going to improve NYC's CityGram notifications!
CityGram.NYC is a geographic notification platform designed to work with open government data. It allows residents to designate area(s) of a city they are interested in and subscribe to one or more topics. For this weekend, we're going to subdivide NYC's 311 data feeds and teach you how to build new notification feeds.
We are looking for 10 - 15 skilled civic hackers who want to spend a Saturday afternoon learning how to maintain CityGram.NYC and build up its data resources. Our long term goal is build up a dedicated, volunteer support team that can support CityGram.
## Why would you want to do this:
1. You want to learn about the open data and improve NYC's open data.
2. You're interested in building software that helps people using open data.
3. You'd like to meet people who've built software from open data, and learn from them.
## Things you will learn to do on CityGram Saturday
1. Write up a user persona and user story outlining why someone would access this CityGram feed.
2. Define the specific data feed
3. Select an noun project icon (https://thenounproject.com) for your data feed.
4. Build a CityGram services script.
5. Submit a pull request to CityGram's repo.
## NEXT STEPS & to RSVP visit github
Comment on this GitHub issue (https://github.com/BetaNYC/citygram-services-nyc/issues/19) with your first & last name, email address, & super power.