Data Science and A.I Bootcamp For Business Executive and Decision Maker
We partner with Dr. Stylianos Kampakis designed this workshop to help you out with all this.
“Stylianos brings great enthusiasm to his workshop – his interest in all things AI shines through.” - Tim Gordon, Chief Executive at the Liberal Democrats
"Stylianos’s bespoke workshop allows for in-depth complicated analytical concepts to be understood in a manageable and easy way. Coving the background of the constant changing world of data science and breaking down the key concepts of data science." - Dominik Byrne, Investor, Entrepreneur, Advisor
Have you ever felt confused by terms such as "data science" and "big data"? What is really the difference between AI and machine learning? How can you hire a good data scientist and how do you build a data-driven organisation? Have you ever thought you'd like to use data-science, but you don't know where to start? The Tesseract Academyand Dr. Stylianos Kampakis designed this workshop to help you out.
This event is geared towards all non-technical decision makers (CEOs, managers, heads of divisions, startup founders, etc.) who want to learn what data science is, and how it can be used within their company.
The purpose of the workshop is to be both educational and consultational. The workshop includes problem solving sessions, where the audience can pose any kind of problem, and the solutions will be discussed from all points of view: research design, actual solution or hiring. No question will be left unanswered!
There are 5 sessions:
1) Intro to data science and AI: A historical overview and a demystification of jargon
2) Managing data: All the things that go wrong in data collection and management and how to fix them
3) Thinking like a data scientist (without being one): Understand how data scientists solve problems, and under what circumstances and how you can use data science within an organisation.
4) Hiring and managing data scientists: In this session we get into the mind of a data scientist, discuss about the data science tribes, and understand how to hire and manage.
5) Building a data-centric culture: Data science does not stand in a vacuum. It interacts with all parts of a business. This session helps you understand how to best put all the pieces together, in order to maximise performance of your data scientists.
What are the problem-solving sessions about?
During the problem-solving sessions, we will solve on the blackboard any kind of problem the audience poses. In a previous workshop, for example, one of the problems was “How can we use Twitter data to predict Bitcoin prices?”. The solution included the full pipeline (from data collection to data storage), to actually solving the problem and hiring the right people.
¹ Dr. Stylianos Kampakis is an expert data scientist (with a decade of experience), member of the Royal Statistical Society, an honorary research fellow at the UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies and startup consultant living and working in London. A natural polymath, with degrees in Psychology, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics, Economics and a PhD in Computer Science from University College London he loves using his broad skillset to solve difficult problems. You can learn more about his work at skampakis.com.