OPEN MIC/PERFORMANCE CIRCLE
Every Week in Pikesville, MD
DOOR OPENS 6:30 PM
OPEN MIC STARTS 7:00 PM
ACOUSTIC ONLY. NO PA provided
Watch or Perform. Large comfortable room. Friendly group.
Started years ago at the Pikesville Diner, hosted 2 years at the fondly-remembered Guitars of Pikesville, we've landed at the remarkable Planet Soul since 2016.
Come on out to play your instrument, to sing your song, to share what you've written.
DRINKS & SNACKS Provided.
DONATION BASKET shows our appreciation for the cost of overhead, snacks, etc. Please, be generous. At other locations, you pay for a drink or food.
LOCATION: PLANET SOUL HOLISTIC COMMUNITY CENTER 205 Slade Avenue Baltimore (Pikesville), MD 21208 (410)[masked]
Planet Soul is a social group HELD IN A RED BRICK HOUSE, not an office building.
FROM 695 BALTIMORE BELTWAY
1. Take Exit 20 South, Reisterstown Road towards Pikesville .
2. Go NINE lights or approximately 1.2 miles. (You will pass the shops in Pikesville and Pikesville Armory on the right. You will see the third Seven-Eleven on the right and the Pikesville Plaza Bldg on the corner with an electronic sign.)
3. At the light, marked Slade Avenue and Milford Mill Road,
TURN RIGHT ONTO MILFORD MILL ROAD.
4. Go 0.1 mile (Look for a blue Milford Station sign near that corner.)
MAKE THE FIRST RIGHT ONTO SLADE AVENUE.
*** THE ROAD TAKES A HARD LEFT CURVE to stay on Slade Avenue.
5. PARK all along the LEFT SIDE OF THE STREET as you are driving in, anywhere up and down the HOUSE'S SIDE OF THE STREET ONLY OR in the OFFICE Parking Lot at 124 Slade Avenue.
DO NOT PARK ON THE SIDE STREET OR YOUR CAR COULD GET HIT nor on the grass, in front of the other residential houses or in the condo lot at 130 Slade.
6. AFTER YOU PARK, 205 SLADE AVENUE is the first and only red brick house on the second block with prayer flags above the storm door.
HANDICAPPED? Call in advance for instructions.
7. FRONT DOOR WILL BE OPEN. Just come in. No need to knock.
FROM DOWNTOWN, INNER HARBOR
1. TAKE I-83 North
2. EXIT at the Northern Parkway W exit, EXIT 10B.
3. GO 2.12 miles. TURN RIGHT ONTO PARK HEIGHTS AVE/MD-129. 7-Eleven is on the left corner.
4. GO 1.98 miles. TURN LEFT ONTO SLADE AVE. Get in right lane.
5. PASS THE NEXT LIGHT which is Reisterstown Road.
6. As you pass over Reisterstown Road, GO ONE SHORT BLOCK, 0.1 mile.
MAKE THE FIRST RIGHT onto[masked] block Slade Avenue. May see the BLUE Milford Station sign.
7. ROAD MAKES A SHARP CURVE TO THE LEFT.
8. FOLLOW the *** directions above for WHERE TO PARK and to 205 Slade Avenue.
SHORTCUT: For those coming from the WEST or SOUTH and familiar with the back roads:
1. TAKE Beltway Exit 18, Liberty Road, towards Randallstown
2. MAKE A RIGHT at the 2nd(?) light onto Washington Avenue.
3. GO TO LIGHT which is Milford Mill Rd - MAKE A RIGHT.
4. FOLLOW Milford Mill past 4 lights and, then, GET IN THE LEFT LANE.
The subway station will be on the right. You will pass apartments and the light at Deerfield Road.
5. You will start to see the next light which is Reisterstown Road and the Police Department on your right, MAKE A LEFT TURN ONTO SLADE AVENUE -across from the new Maryland State Police Forensic Laboratory. (Look for a BLUE Milford Station sign on that corner.)
You've gone too far if you reach the light at Reisterstown Road.
6. FOLLOW the *** directions above for WHERE TO PARK and to 205 Slade Avenue.