Join over 200+ people including 20-50 cyclists at the National Harbor to stop climate change on
January 22, 2011 for a Climate Action POLAR BEAR PLUNGE Bike Tour!
On Saturday, January 22nd, upwards of 200 people will be going into the Potomac River at National Harbor calling for action on the climate crisis. CHECK OUT THE VIDEO OF LAST YEAR’S PLUNGE, GET MORE INFO AND SIGN UP at http://keepwintercold.org/
In connection with the polar bear plunge, we are organizing a Bike Tour to represent DC's push for cleaner transportation and energy.
From 9 to 11 AM, the approximately 15 mile no-drop ride will tour past locations that exemplify the ways that DC is getting to work fighting climate change!
Stops may include:
Starting at Capital Bikeshare Station: 17th St NW & L St NW Farragut North metro, goDCgo's new Capital Bikeshare stations (5 bikes available to new riders free of charge)
the White House, (ride down Pennsylvania Ave Bike Lanes - White House to Capitol - middle of street)
past the U.S. Capitol and wind turbines at the Botanical Garden,
White House Power Plant,
past the Silver LEED certified National Ball Park,
the MLK Blvd past Blue Plaines Water Treatment Plant,
Woodrow Wilson Bike Lane back and forth to Polar Bear Plunge
137 National Plaza, National Harbor, MD 20745
RSVP now to reserve a space on the Climate Action POLAR BEAR PLUNGE Bike Tour.
Current Climate Action POLAR BEAR PLUNGE Bike Tour work partners include: 350.org, CCAN, WABA, goDCgo, Capital Bikeshare, Bread for the City, Wholeness for Humanity, and City Bikes.
All riders must sign a waiver.
**TRANSIT ALERT**: The WMATA reports TBA
*Riders wishing to ride Capital Bikeshare bikes must bring a helmet, bring a lock, sign a waiver, and complete a registration form.
Climate Action Bike Tour Itinerary
1. 9:00am -- Capital Bikeshare Station: 17th St NW & L St NW
2. 9:15 am -- White House: 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
4. 9:30 am -- U.S. Capitol and National Botanical Garden: Capitol Building - 100 Maryland Ave., SW
5. 9:45 am -- White House Power Plant: 25 E St SW
6. 10:00 am -- past the Silver LEED certified National Ball Park: 1500 South Capitol Street, SE
7. 10:15 am -- the MLK Blvd past Blue Plaines Water Treatment Plant, 5000 Overlook Avenue, SW
8. 10:30 am -- Woodrow Wilson Bike Lane back and forth to Polar Bear Plunge
9. 11:00 am -- National Harbor (plunge Site) 137 National Plaza, National Harbor, MD 20745
in addition RSVP as fundraiser now! http://keepwintercold.org/
MAP OF ROUTE: MapMyRide - http://www.mapmyride.... (http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/27281694) - subject to updates