This will be a 1-3/4 mile (one way) ride from Armory Park to the South Tucson Fire Station for parents, grandparents, and children. Route is HERE. (http://ridewithgps.com/routes/6530692)
GABA has been working in partnership with the South Tucson Firefighters and staff at the Ochoa Elementary School also in South Tucson. At least 25 children have been identified who need gifts from GABA Elfs. The Ochoa teachers have asked the children what they want for Christmas from Santa so this year we can buy specific gifts for specific children. The Firefighters have been going to local businesses in South Tucson asking them to fill their helmets with donations either in kind or financial contributions. It’s altogether possible that between GABA and the Firefighters many more children can receive much loved gifts.
Here is how you can be a part of this remarkable opportunity to share the joy of this Season:
• Decorate your bike (and/or you) for the Holiday Season
• Purchase a gift from the Toy List published in the special edition of The Paceline or the GABA Website (http://www.bikegaba.org)
• Ride with us to the South Tucson Fire Department (STFD) carrying your gift on your bike, trailer, B.O.B., or backpack
• We will be joined by 2 other GABA ride groups at 10:00 that will have started from other locations and ride together as one group from Armory Park to the STFD.
• The firefighters will provide us with snacks and will show us their equipment. Children will be able to get in the fire trucks.
• We will leave the Fire Department no later than 12:00 noon.
• We can ride back to River/Campbell as a group, or you can ride home via your own route.
• PLEASE RSVP on MeetUp if you plan to join us so the Fire Department can know how many of us to expect.