• Pace: 12 - 14 for 25 miles
• Terrain: 1 Flatish total < 600 ft elevation gain
• Start Time: Wheels rolling at 9 am. Come early for meet & greet
• Traffic: light
• Ride Type: Social – No Drop
• Route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/11358804
• Ride Coordinator: Steve at (503)[masked] Note - this is the regular Thursday ride co-hosted by Bob, Wayne & Steve.
• Ride Description: We'll ride the Woodland and 49er Loops along Tanque Verde. Then head south on Wentworth and to the east end of Speedway before heading back the the starting point. The return route will include a little climb up part of Freeman and Boardway. Bruegger's Bagels, Tucson Tamales, Jamba Juice afterwards.
• Appropriate food & fluids for about 3 hours.
• Bring a tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start the ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding. No ear buds! This is a requirement and not a request.
• Obey traffic laws and remember you are a representative of the greater cycling community and should conduct yourself that way on the road. Please represent GABA well.
GABA Ride Types
• Social – No Drop – we ride together two abreast where conditions permit. We often have a sweep rider and no one gets dropped
• Re Group – We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and regroup at specified points in the route
• Training Ride – The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace. If you are looking for a different pace or distance contact any GABA Ride leader to request a ride. We LOVE requests!
GABA Ride Codes
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep