• Pace: 12 - 14 for 26 miles
• Terrain: 1 Flatish total < 500 ft elevation gain
• Start Time: Wheels rolling at 9 am. Come early for meet & greet. If you are running just a little late, call me and we will wait.
• Traffic: light
• Ride Type: Social – No Drop
• Route: HERE (http://ridewithgps.com/routes/11555062)
• Ride Coordinator: Wayne, (520)[masked] Note - this is the regular Thursday ride co-hosted by Bob, Wayne & Steve.
• Ride Description: Starting a Udall park we'll ride south on Pantano Multi-Use Path. At Golf Links we will make our way over to the Aviation Bike Path crossing over the Basket and Rattlesnake Bridges. Once downtown we'll take 4th Ave and University to the U of A and meander up to Elm/Pima. If the group wants to have a second breakfast or lunch, we will stop at Frank's for some fine Tucson dining before finishing the last 4+ miles.
• Appropriate food & fluids for about 3 hours.
• Bring a tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start the ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding. No ear buds! This is a requirement and not a request.
• Obey traffic laws and remember you are a representative of the greater cycling community and should conduct yourself that way on the road. Please represent GABA well.
GABA Ride Types
• Social – No Drop – we ride together two abreast where conditions permit. We often have a sweep rider and no one gets dropped
• Re Group – We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and regroup at specified points in the route
• Training Ride – The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace. If you are looking for a different pace or distance contact any GABA Ride leader to request a ride. We LOVE requests!
GABA Ride Codes
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep