• Pace: 12 - 14 for 27 miles
• Terrain: 1 Flatish total < 400 ft elevation gain
• Start Time: Wheels rolling at 9 am. Come early for meet & greet. If you are running just a little late, call me at[masked] and we will wait.
• Traffic: None as we will be on bike paths the whole way.
• Ride Type: Social – No Drop
• Route: HERE (http://ridewithgps.com/routes/11802347)
• Ride Coordinator: Wayne, (520)[masked] Note - this is the regular Thursday ride co-hosted by Bob, Barb, Steve and Wayne.
• Ride Description: Starting at the Craycroft Trail Head on the Rillito, we will ride west to the Santa Cruz path and then south to the Loop Bike Shop where we find a clean restroom, tables and chairs, and snacks to purchase. I
• Appropriate food & fluids for about 3 hours.
• Bring a tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start the ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding. No ear buds! This is a requirement and not a request.
• Obey traffic laws and remember you are a representative of the greater cycling community and should conduct yourself that way on the road. Please represent GABA well.
GABA Ride Types
• Social – No Drop – we ride together two abreast where conditions permit. We often have a sweep rider and no one gets dropped
• Re Group – We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and regroup at specified points in the route
• Training Ride – The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace. If you are looking for a different pace or distance contact any GABA Ride leader to request a ride. We LOVE requests!
GABA Ride Codes
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep