• Pace: 12 - 14 for 24 miles
• Terrain: 1 Flat as it gets
• Start Time: Wheels rolling at 1:00pm. Come early for meet & greet
• Traffic: It’s the loop! Some street crossings not well marked in S Tucson
• Ride Type: SOCIAL – No Drop
• Route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/11855051
• Ride Coordinator : Barb Sterling at (520)[masked] Note - this is a regular Thursday ride co-hosted by Bob, Wayne, & Barb - The route will vary each week.
• Ride Description: Mercado San Agustín is Tucson's only public market. Thursday is also a farmers market. It’s a great place to relax & savor a treat when we return from Thomas Ray Park on the Loop. Just in time for Happy Hour at Augustin Kitchen. A Farmers Market will also be there.
• Appropriate food & fluids for about 3 hours.
• Bring a tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start the ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding. No ear buds! This is a requirement and not a request.
• Obey traffic laws and remember you are a representative of the greater cycling community and should conduct yourself that way on the road. Please represent us well.
GABA Ride Types
• Social – No Drop – we ride together two abreast where conditions permit. We often have a sweep rider and no one gets dropped
• Re Group – We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and regroup at specified points in the route
• Training Ride – The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace. If you are looking for a different pace or distance contact any GABA Ride leader to request a ride. We LOVE requests!
GABA Ride Codes
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep