7290 E. Tanque Verde, Tucson, AZ
We will meet at the east end of the parking lot along Tanque Verde Rd at 7:30AM for our ride out to Pistol Hill, Vail and Rita Ranch. We will have an end-of-ride average pace of 15-16 MPH. Please no ear buds on this ride. We will ride out to Old Spanish Trail via Pio Decimo, Pima St, Grady, Speedway, the Pantano Bike path to Kenyon then a right onto Old Spanish Trail. We will then ride out to Pistol Hill (regroup a the top), then down Colossal Cave Rd and onto Mary Ann Cleveland. We will continue west, crossing Houghton Rd and on to Old Vail Rd, where we will make a stop at the Dunkin Donuts for a restroom/coffee break. Back on the bikes, we will then head west on Old Vail Rd to Rita Rd. A right turn on Rita Rd will take us to the Harrison Greenway Bike Path then on to the Pantano Bike Path, which will lead us back to Speedway. Cycling on neighborhood streets will then lead us back to Udall Park.
See map and cue sheet at: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/17680318
• Appropriate food & fluids for about 3 hours.
• Bring a tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start the ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding. No ear buds! This is a requirement and not a request.
• Obey traffic laws and remember you are a representative of the greater cycling community and should conduct yourself that way on the road. Please represent us well.
GABA Ride Types
• Social – No Drop – we ride together two abreast where conditions permit. We often have a sweep rider and no one gets dropped
• Re Group – We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and regroup at specified points in the route
• Training Ride – The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient.
GABA Ride Codes
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep
Just someone that enjoys cycling , tours, etc.