Free admission to the Zoo. Bike valet by GABA. Receive ticket for free soft serve ice cream. We'll spend approx 45min to 1hr at the Zoo, weather permitting.
Outbound we will ride the Rillito East to Dodge, to Speedway, to Alvernon to Reid Park at Broadway. Will follow the Path on the of Reid Park's path to Randolph Way North to the Zoo.
Inbound we will retrace our route to 3rd St, wind our way through the University to Mountain Ave. We'll head North on Mountain to the Rillito back to St. Phillips.
• Pace: 10-13mph for 18.1 miles
• Terrain: Flat - the Loop and neighborhood roads, stretch of Alvernon with bike lane
• Traffic: light
• Ride Type: Social - No Drop - Regroup as needed
Map Link: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29741830
Parking: South Eastern parking lot, in back of Homewood Suites
We'll meet at 7:50 and get our wheels rolling by 8:00
We'll start behind the Homewood Suites Hotel and get on the Loop, then work our way to the Zoo.
Remember: hydrate before you leave the house.
Ride Coordinator:Susan Reed[masked]
• Food & fluids for 2-3 hours -[masked]oz Bottles or Hydration Pack.
• Bring a tube/GABA patch kit and a way to inflate.
• Be sure your bike is in good mechanical condition.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding.
• No ear buds! This is a safety requirement; not a request.
• Obey traffic laws. Drive your bike as you would your car.
• You are a representative of the greater cycling community and should therefore conduct yourself appropriately.
• Please represent GABA well.
GABA Ride Types:
• Social – No Drop: we ride together two abreast where
conditions permit. We often have a sweep rider and no one gets dropped
• Re Group: We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and
regroup at specified points in the route
• Training Ride: The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace.
When you are looking for a different pace or distance, contact any GABA Ride leader to request a ride. We LOVE requests!
GABA Ride Codes:
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep