Spring time in Santa Cruz county is awesome. Lets hit it...
This is an open road route with some roads with out a shoulder, some with bike lanes. Expect low density rural traffic and better than average road surfaces.
Pace: 16-18 end of ride average
Terrain: hilly and gradual ascends and descents
Start time: 7:30am please arrive a little early for sign in and course review.
Parking in the dirt lot
Take I-19 south to the Rio Rico Drive exit, right turn to the meetup. About 45min. drive
Ride type: This will be a tempo ride, not a casual one. Expect paceline riding and to stay together as much as possible. We will regroup in Patagonia to take a short break for snacks, coffee, restrooms. We will regroup as necessary to avoid dropping riders.
Description: We take Rio Rico dr. and make a right onto Pendleton dr.
head south to Ruby rd., make a right and then left of Frontera. another left onto S. River rd. which intersects highway 82. Turn left and we ride to the town of Patagonia where we take Harshaw rd into the hills. Return the way we came.
• Appropriate food & fluids for 3 hours. Some cash for snacks, coffee, etc.
• Two tubes and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in excellent mechanical condition to start the ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding.
• No ear buds! This is a requirement and not a request.
• Obey traffic laws and remember you are a representative of the greater cycling community and should conduct yourself that way on the road.
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace.
GABA Ride Codes:
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep