Meet me at Randolph Golf Course. Bike parking/bathroom/water. Large parking lot.
Wheels rolling at 8:30 This is not a C+ ride, unless there's a tailwind
Ride out to Houghton via Rita Road and return
Option for lunch at the Grill after the ride.
Rolling average 13-14 covering 41 miles.
If you sign up for the ride and are running a couple of minute’s late call me on my cell[masked] and we will wait.
This is a social ride, lots of conversations, and regroupings we will not drop anyone provided you can maintain 13mph on the Loop.
If you are looking for a C+ ride, this is not it.
Ride Coordinator: Barb Sterling[masked]
• Food & fluids for 3 hours of riding.
• Bring a tube/patch kit and a way to inflate.
• Be sure your bike is in good mechanical condition.
• CPSC approved helmets must be worn at all times while riding.
• No ear buds! This is a safety requirement; not a request.
If you are riding on this ride I ask that you agree that:
• You will obey traffic laws. Drive your bike as you would your car.
• You are a representative of the greater cycling community and will therefore conduct yourself appropriately.
• You will represent GABA well.
• While on the Loop, you will respect others on the Loop. You will take care when passing pedestrians and other cyclists: ring your bell or call out "Passing" or "Good morning!" before passing
• This is not a "training" or "intensive" ride - this is a social, no drop, base building ride.
• If any of these standards are unclear, you will ask for clarification.
• route subject to change based upon road conditions, weather conditions and/or the ride leader getting lost or group changing her mind :-)
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace. If you are looking for a different pace or distance contact any GABA Ride leader to request a ride. We LOVE requests!
• Social- No Drop- We ride together two abreast where conditions permit.
• Re Group- We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and regroup at specified points in the route.
• Training Ride- The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient.
Please select a ride where you are confident and that you can ride the posted distance and pace.
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12 mph
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep