Silverbell / Grant to Roadrunner Market 68 Mile
Meet a Safeway at the corner of SilverBell & Grant. Water and rest rooms in Safeway.
We will leave out of the parking lot on the Silverbell side and ride down to Silverbell Tree and turn right, then ride to bike path. At bike path turn right and ride south to Silverlake, cross over. Ride to Julian Bike Path. We will take a break at Craycroft and the bike path, water and restrooms. Be sure to fill up on water. This is the last water till we get to Roadrunner Marker.
Then we will ride down Wilmot to Sahuarita, turn left. Ride to the Roadrunner Market. Break time. The little store has water and rest rooms.
After Break we will ride south on Houghton to Camino Del Toro. Turn right. This is the highest point on the ride. Ride west till you reach Harrison. Turn Right. Ride back to Sahuarita. Turn Left. Then return back to start the way you came.
This ride may seem a little longer then the rides you are use to but coming back is quicker then riding there. Coming back is a gradual downhill and most (but not always) you have a gentle wind giving you a small boost. I can’t control the wind but 90% of the time there is a wind out of the east.
This is a regroup ride. You will not be dropped.
• Appropriate food & fluids for about 4 hours.
• Bring a tube and a way to inflate it. Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition to start the ride.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding. No ear buds! This is a requirement and not a request.
• Obey traffic laws and remember you are a representative of the greater cycling community and should conduct yourself that way on the road. Please represent us well.
GABA Ride Types
• Social – No Drop – we ride together two abreast where conditions permit. We often have a sweep rider and no one gets dropped
• Re Group – We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and regroup at specified points in the route
• Training Ride – The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace. If you are looking for a different pace or distance contact any GABA Ride leader to request a ride. We LOVE requests!
GABA Ride Codes
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep