We will meet at Rillito River Bike, about 1/4 mile west of La Canada. There is a small parking lot and restrooms. Wheels rolling at 7:00 AM. Please be at the start 15 minutes early to sign in and socialize.
We'll ride "The Loop" to Cañada del Oro River Park (CDO), Ride northeast on the path to La Cañada, ride north on La Cañada , to Hohokam Park and then to Rancho Vistoso Blvd to Innovation Park Dr to "The Loop", and return to the start. For cue sheet, map, and elevation profile, https://ridewithgps.com/routes/13735722
This will be a C paced ride (rolling average of 12-14) covering 38 miles and a total elevation gain of 1000 ft. C/2/38. This is a social ride, lots of conversations, and regroupings we will not drop anyone.
If you are looking for an El Tour training ride, this is not it.
Ride Coordinator: Bob Willman
• Food & fluids for 3 hours.
• Bring a tube/patch kit and a way to inflate.
• Be sure your bike is in good mechanical condition.
• CPSC approved helmets must be worn at all times while riding.
• No ear buds! This is a safety requirement; not a request.
If you are going to join us on this ride I ask that you agree that:
• You will obey traffic laws. Drive your bike as you would your car.
• You are a representative of the greater cycling community and will therefore conduct yourself appropriately.
• You will represent GABA well.
• While on the Loop, you will respect others on the Loop. You will take care when passing pedestrians and other cyclists: ring your bell or call out "Passing" or "Good morning!" before passing
• This is not a "training" or "intensive" ride - this is a social, no drop, base building ride.
• If any of these standards are unclear, please ask for clarification.