• Pace: 12-14 for 33 miles
• Terrain: Flat - It's the Loop
• Elevation Gain: 490ft
• Traffic: zip, none, nada,
• Ride Type: Social - No Drop - Regroup as needed
• Route: The Loop - St. Phillips to the Mercado - Alternate shorter route available
Map Link: St. Phillips to Mercado Route 33mi (https://ridewithgps.com/routes/14467243)
Alternate Map Link: St. Phillips To Mercado - Return via UofA 25mi (https://ridewithgps.com/routes/15115670)
Parking: Southern parking lot, in back of Homewood Suites
We'll meet at 6:45 and get our wheels rolling by 7:00.
We'll start behind the Homewood Suites Hotel and get on the Loop, then wind our way down to The Mercado.This will be an out and back route for a total of 33 miles.
On the return, we can have a coffee at St. Phillips Plaza and finish back where we started.
Remember to bring lots of water and hydrate before you leave the house. This is an Easy Peasy Ride and no one will be dropped. That said, we should have an end of ride average of about 13 mph.
Ride Coordinator: Bruce Tucker @ (520)[masked]
• Food & fluids for 2-3 hours -[masked]oz Bottles or Hydration Pack.
• Bring a tube/GABA patch kit and a way to inflate.
• Be sure your bike is in good mechanical condition.
• Helmets must be worn at all times while riding.
• No ear buds! This is a safety requirement; not a request.
• Obey traffic laws. Drive your bike as you would your car.
• You are a representative of the greater cycling community and should therefore conduct yourself appropriately.
• Please represent GABA well.
GABA Ride Types:
• Social – No Drop: we ride together two abreast where
conditions permit. We often have a sweep rider and no one gets dropped
• Re Group: We ride in smaller groups at our own pace and
regroup at specified points in the route
• Training Ride: The route is posted and all riders need to be self sufficient
Please select GABA rides where you are confident that you can ride the posted distance and pace.
When you are looking for a different pace or distance, contact any GABA Ride leader to request a ride. We LOVE requests!
GABA Ride Codes:
• A 20+ mph
• B+ 18-20 mph
• B 16-18 mph
• C+ 14-16 mph
• C 12-14 mph
• D 8-12
• 1 Flat
• 2 Minor Hills
• 3 Moderate Hills
• 4 Long Climbs or Very Steep