Pandora is happy to host another BISH Bash to discuss the latest advances in signal processing and machine learning for music/podcasts/speech/etc., and to have a little musical jam!
We will provide some food, drinks, and instruments/stage to unleash your inner rock star.
5:30pm-6:30pm - Networking/food/drinks
6:30-6:35pm – Introduction to BISH Bash and the speakers
6:35-8pm – Technical Talks:
- Vivek Kumar -- "Deep Learning for audio: challenges and opportunities" (Dolby)
- Noura Howell -- "Life-Affirmation: Sounding Heartbeats on a Bench" (UC Berkeley)
- Elena Georgieva -- "Music Recommendation Systems for Listeners with Hearing Loss" (Stanford University)
- Samaneh Ebrahimi -- "Predicting Audio Advertisement Quality" (Pandora)
- Pat Scandalis -- "GeoShred: A Musical Instrument App based on Physical Modeling Synthesis" (moForte)
8pm-9:30pm – Music Jam + more networking/food/drinks
How to get here?
We are located on the 7th floor of 2101 Webster St, Oakland. Enter the building through 21st street, between Franklin and Webster streets.
BART Oakland 19th street is less than 5 minutes walking from the building. There are parking options too around the building, but they're generally not free.
Pandora is found in the 7th floor of the Franklin Tower (the security person in the lobby should know, and everyone should be able to get into the elevator).