addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

BLAB Message Board › Do you want a meetup again?

Do you want a meetup again?

Neal A.
user 8345096
Manchester, GB
Post #: 1
Go for it, Matt. Maybe make them quarterly? And I'll chuck 2022NQ into the ring.
Harry B.
harrybailey
Manchester, GB

Very keen on it returning. Was only talking about it with Tom Y, Sophie B and Sophie W on Monday!

Other than the venue, my only suggestion would be the tiniest amount of structure to help lubricate the networking. Maybe introduce one person a month or have three mini talks at the start of the night.
Michael L.
michael.lomas
Manchester, GB
Another that hasn't attended before but I'm currently on the lookout for a few things and I'd definitely be interested.
Martin D.
user 14273589
Manchester, GB
I'm definitely keen for it to come back.

On the venue, I really enjoyed the last couple at 2022NQ despite there not being all that many people there. Agreed with everyone that Barcelona was naff but Kosmonaut would be good also.
Ciaron W.
ciaronwalton
Romiley, GB
Definitely up for it. Agree with a change of venue, don't think anyone was feeling Barcelona. I reckon every other month would be good.
Maria A
MariaA
Manchester, GB
Post #: 11
Ditto to all replies above.

I'd love to have it back. I consider the ND Meetups as my roots. Still in touch with friends I made there.

Liked the Northern despite it getting loud towards 9. Liked NQ2022 (or whatever the digits are) too. I agree about Barcelona, never felt at ease there, don't know why.

Kosmonaut, Common, MadLab would all be excellent choices too.

Bring it!
Lee F.
user 108915872
Manchester, GB
I would be keen to join and meet up! Keep me posted
Nick C.
user 9287950
London, GB
Post #: 5
Keep at it Matt.. You've done a grand job. Maybe enlist some help to make it bigger and better, it's what we had to do with Glug, naturally it costs more to do that way but the sponsorship opportunity grows with it.

Nick
Lewis T.
user 61942222
Swinton, GB
Absolutely, I missed out last time only catching the final evening. Bringing together Manchester's creative community can only lead to great things. Good call on Kosmonaut.
Andreas A.
andreasandrews
Manchester, GB
I only ever went to the one ND meet-up at 2022NQ and it was great. I'd certainly come back for more.