addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Houston Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Board Game Arena

Board Game Arena

Michael
user 3279465
Katy, TX
Post #: 159
I've been really enjoying this site for board & card games. The interface is very nice.... and in ENGLISH. :) If you decide to join, look me up for a game of something. :)

http://en.boardgamear...­

A former member
Post #: 1
I second the recommendation of BGA.

In addition, Yucata.de has an English version of its site that offers free games. I've had no problems with the interface, and it's async. You can put a move in and walk away to come back later when it's convenient.

Some good ones I haven't seen offered elsewhere:

St. Petersburg
Roll Through the Ages
Thurn and Taxis
Egizia
A Few Acres of Snow
Santiago de Cuba
Vikings

Michael
user 3279465
Katy, TX
Post #: 160
Yeah, the key difference between BGA and Yucata is real-time vs async. There are very few games I can stand to play async so I don't care for Yucata, but LOTS of people play async games via their iPads, etc so maybe that works best for you. :)

Hey, go crazy and try them both out! :)
Michael
user 3279465
Katy, TX
Post #: 171
Iim starting to swing back towards playing games on Boardgame Arena again. It's a pretty nifty free site with many of the Euro boardgames we know and love. If anyone's interested, go join up! :)

http://en.boardgamear...­