addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 564
I bought 1830 on Ebay. Should be here in a few days. Mike has Dominion for me.

Now I really want to get a copy of 1861 without paying the BGG prices for it.
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 257
I bought 1830 on Ebay. Should be here in a few days. Mike has Dominion for me.

Now I really want to get a copy of 1861 without paying the BGG prices for it.

Grant, way to go on the 1830 game from Dorm Room Games, did not think you had it in you. Good job. I was watching that one myself.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 135
What did it go for?
Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 565
~$100 with shipping. Seems like they've been going for more than that most times.

1861 is $150 on BGG. I almost pulled the trigger on a $100 copy there, but I was in the 1830 auction by then and couldn't do both at once in god conscience.

Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 566
1830 showed up on Saturday. Happiness.

One more mainstream 18xx game to go.
A former member
Post #: 433
Contrary to popular belief I'm still buying serious games.
Here's my recent eBay acquisitions:

• Um Reifenbreite - Racing game -Tour de France style team bicycle racing theme, SdJ 1992
  • Kogge - Well executed pickup and deliver Eurogame.
  • The Wizard of Oz - A sealed copy of the rare Oz themed version of Sagaland/Enchanted Forest [SdJ 1982]

A couple more SdJ winners from a BGG trade:

• Auf Achse - First edition copy. Another cool pickup and deliver game, SdJ 1987.
  • Drunter und Drüber - Tile placement game, SdJ 1991 and Klaus Teuber's 3rd SdJ.

Just because I went on a strategic game spree doesn't mean I'm suddenly above thrift store oddities:

• Typecast - What can you correctly infer/deduce from someone's appearance? Or will appearances prejudice you incorrectly? The game has a poor BGG rating, but I love the concept. Includes 300 pics of real people. Because of the poor rating we might want to tweak the rules.

Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 136
1830 showed up on Saturday. Happiness.

One more mainstream 18xx game to go.

You own 1835?
A former member
Post #: 436
I own 1835 [and the other "mainstream" 18xx games: 1830, 1856 and 1870] I may have mentioned I used to be a serious 18xx guy back in the day. 1835 is the kinder, gentler 18xx game smile. It's very hard to go bankrupt.
Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 567
I could be wrong, but from what I've read 1835 isn't too easy to acquire anymore. Was it a large production run?

I've got 1830, 1856, 1870, and 2038. I believe that 1861 is the remaining one that saw a real production run that is obtainable.

Acquiring all the 1829's sounds too much like work.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 139
1835 was Hans im Gluck/Mayfair, so I'm calling that a large production run.

The 1829's sound like so much work, I haven't even looked into it.