addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Game Request Thread

Game Request Thread

Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 284
I've been wanting to get Space Alert to the table again. I'll plan on running that sometime before we run out of 2011.
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 56
Just a handful I don't own and am desperately looking to try for the 1st time:

Tikal
Merkator
Dominant Species
Through the Ages
and I'm intrigued by Space Alert but I don't know if that's the kind of game that would ever make it to the table here.

I've played a few of these so I'd like to update this to...

Java (loved Torres and Tikal)
Merkator (apart from Ora et Labora this is the only other Rosenberg game I need to play)
Urban Sprawl (I've been trying to find my own copy of Dominant Species for a reasonable price, cause I can't stop thinking about it but I'd also like to give Urban Sprawl a go. At first glance it doesn't seem as perfect as DS but I'm sure there's a lot more to it)
Galaxy Trucker (I need more Vlaada in my life...infact I'll say everyone needs more Vlaada in their lives)
Brass (I'm really intrigued by Brass/Age of Industry and I prefer longer/deeper games so I'd like to give a Brass a go first)

Bob T.
user 2281115
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 113
Andrew, I've been teetering on the edge of selling my copy of DS for a while now. If you think you might be interested drop me a line at rmt66 at juno dot com
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 92
An updated list of games I've never had a chance to try and feel like I really need to play. I'd be eternally grateful if any of these made it to the table.

Antiquity
Tigris & Euphrates
Acquire
Goa
Kingsburg
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 347
An updated list of games I've never had a chance to try and feel like I really need to play. I'd be eternally grateful if any of these made it to the table.

Antiquity
Tigris & Euphrates
Acquire
Goa
Kingsburg

I can run Goa at UB the next time we're there (the 28th). Did you get all of the games from a few posts up played, or are some of those still on your list?
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 93
Didn't get a chance to try Java or Urban Sprawl yet. I would like to try both of them but I'm dying to try a few of these core games I see referenced all the time.
Shelia
user 2496019
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 247
I would like to learn Race for the Galaxy if anyone has it and would be willing to teach me some night... also would like to learn Arkham horror. Thanks
Midge
Midge-TW
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 31
I also would like to learn Race for the Galaxy
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 132

Antiquity
Tigris & Euphrates
Acquire
Goa
Kingsburg

Keeping a list of 5 I'm looking to try for the first time:

Acquire
RoboRally
Roads and Boats
Automobile
Trajan
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,754
I can run Automobile.

I'll second the request for Trajan. I thought that game was awesome.

I've been meaning to post this for awhile; seeing that it is the Year of the Dragon, I'd like to play a game of it.