addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › December 12th Games

December 12th Games

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,507
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

/miss Doug managing weekly games

Slot 1
Merchant of Venus - Ryan - Filled - (Ryan, Jeff, Andrew, Andy)
Hansa Tuetonica (new map) - JP - Filled - (JP, Joe, Shelia, Jeff, Paul)

Slot 2
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 896
I have the FFG version of Merchant of Venus that I want to give a run. Though I am suspicious of the merits of the new "standard" version in favor of my beloved "classic" I want to attempt to keep an open mind and give it a shot.

Merchant of Venus (Fantasy Flight's Standard Version)
Up to 4
3-4 Hours
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 173
I'd like to run the Classic version of Merchant of Venus

Merchant of Venus (Fantasy Flight's Classic Version)
Up to 4
3-4 Hours
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 429
I feel like I should be offering to run Perry Rhodan, the (more or less) two player version of Merchant of Venus, but I'd rather give the FFG version a try.
Mark A.
Verdelak
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 368
So, are both Ryan and Andrew running Merchants of Venus?

Is there that much love for this game?

Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 174
I was more doing it as a joke. I plan on joining ryans game unless there is infact enough demand in which case I'm happy to run a 2nd copy.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,925
I'm interested in Trying Merchant of Venus, but quite honestly I was looking forward to learning the classic version before the newer FFG standard version.
A former member
Post #: 100
I'm interested in Trying Merchant of Venus, but quite honestly I was looking forward to learning the classic version before the newer FFG standard version.

Rodney,, It hasn't really changed. The Rules are still in place and it's more of a Graphics/Cosmetic
upgrade.

Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,926
Actually it is different. The game comes with two different versions in the box. Half of the components that come with the game aren't even used in the classic version. It also comes with two separate rule books for each version. I own the new game but I've yet to play it. It just seems to me that the classic version would be easier to learn and play for someone that has never played the game before. Thus my reason for wanting to try the classic version first.
Johnpatrick
user 7540224
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 73
Not sure how many folks won't be covered by one game, but if anyone is interested in trying the "new" Hansa Teutonica map Ive been wanting to play it. 2-5 players 60 min.