addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 1
Just wanted to say Hello, and tell everyone alittle bit about me. I am new to the boardgame scene, I just found it this week to be exact. I found out about the scene via the Board Games ToGo podcast. I have been looking for someplace to meet new folks and get out of the house.

I played D&D and Steve Jackson games in High School, but once I graduated all my friends and I lost the interest in them. Now that I have a family of my own and we have a weekly gamenight in the winter I though it would be nice to try and find some other adults to meet and play with. I was amazed to find I link to this meetup on boardgamegeek.com. I have never found any active meetups in the WNY area that interested me before.

My oldest daughter(5 years old) has a lacrosse game on the 21st and if her grandmother doesn't go along with my wife then I have to go to it, otherwise I will be attending the meetup then.

That is about all I have to say about me, I look forward to meeting everyone face to face very soon.

Ben
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 109
Welcome to the world of Euro-Gaming. Actually Ben, most of us are fairly new to the scene. There are a coupla old hats (Scott and April) but for the most part we are all just beginning our exploration of all the damn cool games that have been released in oh, the last 10 years or so. Its really a fun group of people and we have a great time. Most of us have all gone on a game buying spree (Bobbie has gone completely BEZERK!) so we tend to all be learning new games every week so dont feel like yer gonna be at a disadvantage. Hope to see you on Tuesday. If not, we meet every week (usually on Tuesdays or Wednesdays) so I'm sure a convenient time will pop up for you eventually. smile
A former member
Post #: 52
There are a coupla old hats (Scott and April) but for the most part we are all just beginning our exploration of all the damn cool games that have been released in oh, the last 10 years or so.

I may be old, but I am definitely not a hat, though I can't speak for April.

Welcome to our group, Ben. I have three daughters myself, so I know how tough schedules can be.

We play all sorts of games from deep strategy games to quick and easy card games and everything in between. Although we each have our own favorites, the best part of our group, imo, is the quality of the members. It's just a fun group to be a part of. Plus, with the latest game buying frenzy, you can be assured that, if you dont like a game, you wont have to play it again!

Looking forward to meeting you,

Scott
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 101
Ben,

Welcome to the group. Glad to have you aboard. Doug and Scott did a great job describing what our group is all about. Great people and gaming goodness. As Doug said, we play every week but don't feel that you have to make it to every meetup. We're happy to have you whenever you can make it out.

Looking forward to meeting you in person. Hope you can make it out this week.

Don
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 63
HI Ben,
Welcome to the mayhem!!!! Well, sometimes its mayhem if we are playing a "Pirate"themed game - just ask Doug! He has been snatched from the brink of winning more times than I want to think about.
As far as Scott and April being old hats, I just want to say thank you to Doug for leaving me (the oldest member of the group) out of that description.
Hope to see you Tuesday.
Maybe you can stop after the match. We start early but we are almost always there until 11:00 pm ish.
Bobbie
April
arielmt
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 39
Well, I'm old (but not as old as some in our group, and definitely not a 'hat' ;-) However, I've been a gamer for about 15 years now!

Welcome to the group -- hope to meet you soon.

April
Laurie
LaurieW917
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 24
Ben,

I'm sorry I won't be meeting you tonight, but maybe next week? If you come tonight you should have a great time. Everyone is nice and easy to game with. Don't let some of the strange postings scare you away from the group. *laugh*

Laurie
Kevin
kwojtasz
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 24
In particular any posts claiming Kevin is "evil"... lol

Welcome to the group Ben! And if it happens we are in some games in the future and I do a move which increases my chances at winning while decreasing yours, it's not "evil", just a "good" tactical and/or strategic play. (atleast for me :-)

Also many of us frequent BSW. So if you don't already have a registered account over there, check out the BSW thread and any of us would be willing to assist you with figuring out the interface so you can game practically anytime and anywhere.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 114
No no, Kevin's not "evil", he's "Eeeeeeevil", big difference.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 71
That's right. Even playing Bucket King. He pretends its DOOM and then systematically destroys! Portrait of Kevin >devilish