addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Planning on switching to UB only for the summer

Planning on switching to UB only for the summer

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,446
I was planning on switching to UB only at least for the summer months. The main reason is that we generally get more players at UB these days, even though as far as venues go it's not nearly as nice as D'Youville. Does anyone have any issue with this? If you'd rather not reply on the thread just send me an email.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,020
Oh come on, Don. You mean you don't enjoy the ambiance of the exposed ceiling and string of work lights to play games by?
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 115
So is next week at UB then?

I'm impartial, by the way, either spot works for me.
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 841
D'youville works better for me, closer proximity, closer parking and its more comfortable in general. Id prefer keeping our alternating schedule would be my vote.
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,743
D'youville works better for me as well for the same reasons Ryan mentioned.

I know it's hard to finds places to play but if somebody found a better spot at UB (or near UB) for the UB weeks I'd be all for changing locations. Third floor of Baldy is just slightly better than sitting on tree stumps playing by candlelight. Plus, when we first started gaming there, nobody was studying in that area. Now it seems there are people at the tables every week.

I'm not complaining about it. I'm happy to just have a place to play. I'm just saying if somebody finds another space, we should explore it.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,801
D'youville works better for me personally as well. However I'm fine with whatever majority is happy with.
A former member
Post #: 28
I mostly come to UB because I can stick around at work until 6:30.

Now, I'm switching jobs and D'Youville is much closer, so I was thinking I would mostly come to D'Youville.

I'll go with the group. If it is only UB, it won't keep me away, but it would be twinge easier in a few weeks for me to go to D'Youville.
Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 982
For what it's worth, UB finals were last week. There shouldn't be anyone studying there at night for months.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,447
So is next week at UB then?

I'm impartial, by the way, either spot works for me.

No, I'll update the schedule and send out a reminder email before this happens.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,448
D'youville works better for me as well for the same reasons Ryan mentioned.

I know it's hard to finds places to play but if somebody found a better spot at UB (or near UB) for the UB weeks I'd be all for changing locations. Third floor of Baldy is just slightly better than sitting on tree stumps playing by candlelight. Plus, when we first started gaming there, nobody was studying in that area. Now it seems there are people at the tables every week.

I'm not complaining about it. I'm happy to just have a place to play. I'm just saying if somebody finds another space, we should explore it.

Well parking won't be an issue during the summer months. As far as an alternate venue I'm open for any suggestions. All of the restaurants I explored in the past require some sort of minimum purchase. If people are willing to purchase dinner I could probably find a few other locations to choose from.