addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube
Laurie
LaurieW917
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 763
Did ya see the Mythbusters episode where they tested the "Bull in the china shop" myth?

They set up a bunch of flimsy shelves with breakable glassware on them in a bull pen. Then the set loose a several bulls who proceeded to chase each other about. God damned if those bulls didn't dance around the shelves like ballerinas! Never knocked over a single one! They were frustrated as hell, and had to knock them over themselves. It was hilarious. :-)

I did see this episode!! It was the funniest thing I had seen in a while. I was laughing telling people about it. I thought about the episode when I was reading Doug's post of his new games.
Rob_Canada
user 3762369
St Catharines, ON
Post #: 113
Recent acquisitions in Oktoberfest huge (1500+ items) Math Trade on the Geek:

VOC! - Founding the Dutch East Indies Company (based solely on watching you guys play it)

Roborally (so i can practice the pit room, and i will have a little picture of Don posted on a target dummy)

Alladin's Dragon

Prophecy

Junta!
(which I will definitely have to host a big game of at my place)

Bohnanza expansions - Bohnoparte, Ghengis Bohn (my wife's favourite game)

I love doing the math trades, but I have learned to be more selective in my want lists, otherwise I end up getting a $5 copy of Vegas Showdown for my $50 copy of Conquest Of The Empire (boy was she expensive to ship).

The new want list program that JeffyJeff created makes the process so much less painless.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 2,203
The new want list program that JeffyJeff created makes the process so much less painless.

Oh yeah. Otherwise those 1000+ item math trades would be a real pain in the butt to participate in. I got Return of the Heroes and the Under the Dragon expansion for my copy of Herocard: Champion of New Olympia.
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 219
New additions

Prophecy
Tannhauser
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 509
Hmm, that's strange. I come home and there's a box of games sitting on my front porch. Go figure biggrin

Hamster Rolle
Rumis
Aunt Millie's Millions
Carcassonne: Travel Edition
Easter Island
Khronos
Mr. Jack
Mu & More
Ruse & Bruise
Space Beans
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 687
Another copy of Hamster Rolle? Have you reached the point where you have so many that you forget what you have tongue?
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 510
Actually Doug picked up the copy of Hamster Rolle for me a couple weeks ago. I just forgot to post it here when I got it.
A former member
Post #: 115
I know it hasn't been released Stateside yet, but sometimes you guys get import games early. Is anybody getting a copy of Cuba in the next week? It looks pretty cool, kind of like Advanced Puerto Rico. Here's the link:

http://www.boardgameg...­

It's going to be the "Essen Game" at Euroquest. I could get a leg up in the Wid Card tournament if I could get a play of it in before I head off to the Con. wink
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 515
Its on my "to get list" :)

I know it hasn't been released Stateside yet, but sometimes you guys get import games early. Is anybody getting a copy of Cuba in the next week? It looks pretty cool, kind of like Advanced Puerto Rico. Here's the link:

http://www.boardgameg...­

It's going to be the "Essen Game" at Euroquest. I could get a leg up in the Wid Card tournament if I could get a play of it in before I head off to the Con. wink

Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 695
There goes all my birthday money...

Agricola
Galaxy Trucker
Battue: Storm of the Horse Lords
Die Wiege Der Renaissance
Wadi
Laborigines
Ziegen Kriegen