addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Games on Sale

Games on Sale

Laurie
LaurieW917
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 501
Kevin stopped at the B&N on Transit by Eastern Hills Mall and they didn't have any Niagara left. Where did you guys get your stuff?
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 717
Kevin stopped at the B&N on Transit by Eastern Hills Mall and they didn't have any Niagara left. Where did you guys get your stuff?

On Niagara Falls Blvd.

Did they have anything good at the Eastern Hills Mall one?
Laurie
LaurieW917
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 504
They had tons of poker chips and nothing standard game wise. Those are Kevin's words, not mine. He saw the games, not me. I cleaned up at the Blvd. one last night. I even tried to get Dread Pirate at 75% off since it was on that table, but they didn't go for it. I bought 2 copies of Niagara, the poker chips, mulitilingo, chaturanga and go for broke. I'm not sure if they're very good, but they were cheap.
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 511
While not actually a sale in any sense, Funagain just got a bunch of rare games like union pacific and atlantic star. pricey, but available.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 212
While not actually a sale in any sense, Funagain just got a bunch of rare games like union pacific and atlantic star. pricey, but available.

I really want Union Pacific, but is it worth $88.00? Hmm how bad do I want it lol. From what I've read the expansion for Elfenland (elfengold) really makes it a much better game, but $58.00? Hmm. Edel, Stein & Reich is another one that interests me and Atlantic Star looks good as well. This could get expensive lol.

Oh hell its only money... and ya can't take it with you when you die lol. biggrin
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 1,692
I tried to order Atlantic Star and they were out already. crying
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 730

I really want Union Pacific, but is it worth $88.00? Hmm how bad do I want it lol. From what I've read the expansion for Elfenland (elfengold) really makes it a much better game, but $58.00? Hmm. Edel, Stein & Reich is another one that interests me and Atlantic Star looks good as well. This could get expensive lol.

Oh hell its only money... and ya can't take it with you when you die lol. biggrin

I think you'd get a better deal on most of that stuff on German ebay or a European retailer. That's where Funagian seems to get most of their rare stuff, so at the very least you'd be saving their markup.

I've bought a couple of things from Germans on Ebay. Usually, if you just e-mail them before you bid and tell them you'll pay extra for shipping, it's not a problem.

You can minimize shipping cost if you get your stuff sent as a sea package, which means it spends a month on a boat crossing the Atlantic before it get to you.

I've order from Adam Spielt as well. It's a good store. (I haven't ordered recently because the exchange rate hasn't been favorable.) I haven't checked but they might still have some of that stuff.

If you go German ebay route, I think Showmanger is the better version of Atlantic Star. Instead of ships you are putting on plays. The actors and actresses are kind of funny, cartoon people. Other than the theme, the game is the same.
A former member
Post #: 151
The BGG deal forum is saying than Barnes and Noble games sale table is now $1.
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 732
The BGG deal forum is saying than Barnes and Noble games sale table is now $1.

Wow! For a buck, I think I'd buy anything.

Stupid question, but where is the deal forum on the Geek?
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 512
to get the deal forum to show up on your front page (i know, not exactly your question) go to your account, edit front page, and then you can choose "Hot Deals" as one of your sections.