addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › BBG SECRET SANTA

BBG SECRET SANTA

Paul
_Thraug_
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 138
Mark, I assume it's the new FFG version? The original is quite old, ~30 years.
Mark A.
Verdelak
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 358
Brand new version. Someone bought it, played it, bagged the bits, and Ebay-ed it
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 727
How do you know it came from Ebay? Did your Santa just put you down as the shipping address?
Mark A.
Verdelak
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 359
How do you know it came from Ebay? Did your Santa just put you down as the shipping address?

Yep. The seller even used the Ebay labels for shipping.
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 169
Just got a package from csi today with FFGs Merchant of Venus inside which I'm more than pleased to get.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,914
I'm looking forward to trying the classic version from the 2nd edition of Merchant of Venus if your interested in running it sometime in the future.
A former member
Post #: 94
I will try and make that one for Merchants.
Will you guys be at UB or the other?.

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,517
Mark, if you post something on BGG regarding your Secret Santa's failure please link it. I'd like to see the reaction from the BGGers.
Mark A.
Verdelak
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 371
Ok, so I did contact BGG about this because it bothered me that he might have signed up for this to get a good game at an ultra discount.

BGG contacted him and he informed them that the game was never played but had sat on his self, punched and bagged, since it first came out. He had played someone else's copy and disliked the game. Essentially, he used the Secret Santa as an excuse to to dump a game he disliked and get a new one.

Just to put a cherry on it, he asked BGG if they could get me to send the game back and he will ship me a different game. Seriously, he wants the game back first to ensure I am not just trying to get two games!!
Paul
_Thraug_
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 163
Send him back a used copy of ASL? devilish