addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › January 9th Games

January 9th Games

Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,214
Yeah it's one of the quickest rising games on the geek right now. It's got this unique gear mechanism that I'm hoping mechanically turns out to be more than just a gimmick.

Not sure what you mean by a gimmick. It is technically possible to play the game without the gears, but they make the upkeep a hell of a lot easier. The gears work both as the timing mechanism for the game and to move all the workers on all 3 (or was it 4) tracks easily. All of which you could do by hand, but mistakes would be common, I'm sure.

I really liked it, and I'm not always huge on worker placement games. I look forward to trying it again.
Paul
user 9349172
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 175
Thanks Jenna.

I finally found this on the D'Youville website. I usually arrive early so I'll give it a try.
Dining Locations

From that page:
Spartan Spot Café

Located in the lower level of the ALT building. The Spartan Spot Café is the perfect place to grab a bite, a beverage or a snack between classes. Come have a great cup of Spot coffee, visit with friends, or just relax between classes.
HOURS

Monday - Thursday: 7:30 AM - 6:30 PM
Friday: 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,215
Just keep in mind that they might still be between semesters, so normal operating hours might not apply.

I will not be making it out tonight. My stupid jaw is giving me a headache.
Shelia
user 2496019
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 291
I am 80 percent sure I cant come.... :(...... so i changed my rsvp to a no... i will try to make it but i did not sign up for games for that reason.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 741
What happened? I really like CitOW and Acquire, but I just moved and couldn't make it out.
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 184
I discovered Acquire is very similar to a favorite shareware game from my childhood; http://www.classicdos...­

Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 504
Andrew, I have copies of Acquire and Indonesia. I am pretty sure Ryan used my copy. Actually, I think only RobCanada and I have Indonesia, but I am pretty sure by this time Rodney probably has a copy.

I know Acquire and I enjoy the game quite a bit.
Paul
user 9349172
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 177
CitOW is pretty good. I thought it was going to be a longer game but Don stomped us in about 1 hour. And no, Don isn't the closet Nurgle fanboi like I thought he was. Instead he is a raging Nurgle hater!! love struck

Acquire feels like a modern game even though it's 50 years old. Good game.