addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Looking for Someone to Teach Netrunner

Looking for Someone to Teach Netrunner

Ted M.
bluesubaru71
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 7
I just purchased a copy of Netrunner (no expansions) a week or so ago, went through the rules, saw the video tutorials, and would like to find someone who knows how to play to teach me the game. I kinda get it, but not totally. My only really bad nights are Mondays and Thursdays. Please PM me if anyone is interested. Any weekday afternoons (after 3) are also good.

Thanks,
Ted M.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 803
Ted, if you're on Facebook, please check out the buffalo netrunner page. If you join, we'll be in the double-digits!

I'd certainly be interested in a netrunner/CoC teaching exchange.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,215
You guys are making me take the LCG plunge... My Coolstuff basket contains 2 CoC core sets, the Secrets of Arkham deluxe expansion, the Star Wars Core set, and the damn Lord of the Rings core set. I don't even LIKE Lord of the Rings!
Ted M.
bluesubaru71
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 8
I tried the LotR LCG, I did not like it. I saw the Netrunner vids and bought into it, just not exactly sure how the Ice/Icebreakers interact...
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 804
I thought you were SELLING games, not BUYING games! Don't blame us cause you've got Rodneyitis! (And don't forget to save some money for that Pathfinder thing. I want somebody to buy it.)

I'd like to take a crack at the Star Wars game. Barnes described it as a "next gen" LCG. Jeff let me down on that one; glad you're stepping up.

Ted M.
bluesubaru71
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 9
Ted, if you're on Facebook, please check out the buffalo netrunner page. If you join, we'll be in the double-digits!

I'd certainly be interested in a netrunner/CoC teaching exchange.

I'm not on FB, or any social network (old school). I would love to teach CoC:LCG, that's my favorite card game and would really like to learn Netrunner.

Yeah, sounds great. I'll PM you.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,216
I thought you were SELLING games, not BUYING games! Don't blame us cause you've got Rodneyitis! (And don't forget to save some money for that Pathfinder thing. I want somebody to buy it.)

I am doing both. Now be quiet and buy something from me. I recommend the Harry Potter TCG for you. Also Techno Witches.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,220
I'd like to take a crack at the Star Wars game. Barnes described it as a "next gen" LCG. Jeff let me down on that one; glad you're stepping up.

Just placed an order for the core set and the 3 expansions that have been released. Once I get a handle on it, I'll be happy to play. For our 1st outing I think I will construct a deck for you that consists of nothing but a bunch of Jawas and the monster from the trash compactor.

I also decided to ditch the LotR core set from my order. I don't need to get caught up in 3 different LCG's...especially since I have no interest in anything LotR-related.

My final order consisted of 2 Call of Cthulhu Core sets + Arkham Secrets Deluxe Expansion and the Star Wars cards. I'll have to start coming to your LCG nights once I get my cards in hand. As an old time Magic player, this has me excited.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 805
Have you played CoC yet? I gave it a whirl yesterday and was kind of surprised at how stripped-down the gameplay was. It didn't seem like the sort of thing that could really be exploited in the LCG model. Perhaps there were some subtleties I missed.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,221
I haven't played it yet, no. My limited understanding is that there is a lot going on under the hood that may not be apparent at first. The 2 core sets and the Arkham Secrets expansion seemed to be the consensus for a good starting point into the game. It gives you plenty of deckbuilding options for a comparatively small initial investment. If I find I dislike the game (or can't find anyone to play with) I'll just dump the cards in a math trade.