What we're about
Welcome to the Phoenix Area Chick Lit Book Club!
This book club is based in Phoenix, Arizona and the intent is to bring together fun, positive, happy, women in a safe, welcoming, supportive environment over brunch. To keep things light and not too intellectually intense (the world is heavy enough for all of us), we read Chick Lit genre books. We meet for brunch the first Saturday of every month at 11:30am MST, at various restaurants across the Valley. Reading the book is not mandatory to attend a brunch, but highly encouraged. I try to select books that are easily accessible (free) via the public library, Libby, Kindle, etc.
*This book club is restricted to only women/females/those identifying as female. Sorry gentlemen!
RULES & MISC:
- Fee: There is a $2.00 fee, per woman, per brunch to cover our group's annual Meetup membership fee. Only those on the Attending list are required to pay this fee (please do not pay the fee if you are on the Wait List). This fee is due no later than the Saturday before our scheduled brunch. Anyone on the Attending list who hasn't paid their fee by this deadline will be removed from attending that month's brunch. Please use my Venmo to pay your fee: Kristina-Keefe.
- RSVP & Wait List: Each month's brunch is limited to 12 women (including myself). Please only RSVP for a brunch you will attend, and if your plans change, please update your RSVP ASAP so another woman can attend in your space. We always have a Wait List of women who want to attend.
- No Show & Cancellations: It is incredibly rude, and it will not be tolerated, to not show and/or cancel last minute (i.e., less than 48 hours prior to our scheduled brunch). If a member no shows and/or cancels less than the aforementioned 48 hours, this is considered a "no show" and any member who no shows 3 times will be removed from our group.
- Illness: If you are sick at all (cold, flu, COVID, etc.) PLEASE STAY HOME! Let's be kind and respectful of one another, and keep our germs at home!
- Meetup Notifications: TURN YOUR MEETUP NOTIFICATIONS ON to ensure you receive my announcements, comments, edits, and direct messages promptly!
Lastly, and again, the intent of this group is to bring women together in person. That means coming to the brunches! Anyone who has not RSVP'd to a brunch or not been active in our group for at least 6 months will be removed from the group.
Looking forward to meeting you!