addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Original Manchester Book Group Message Board › Famous before they became novelists

Famous before they became novelists

Stuart B.
user 7794356
Group Organizer
Bury, GB
Post #: 23
Just a few links that I found and wanted to share with you to give you inspiration:

Musicians turned Author

More musicians turned authors

Actors turned novelists

More Actors turned authors

Rod B.
user 35132532
Aberystwyth, GB
Post #: 1
Did anyone realise how expensive it is to get a copy of the Nick Cave book?
I shall be trying the library but don't hold out a lot of hope...
(Perhaps we should have picked one by, oooh, I don't know, say Huge Laurie?
Rod.
Stuart B.
user 7794356
Group Organizer
Bury, GB
Post #: 27
Did anyone realise how expensive it is to get a copy of the Nick Cave book?
I shall be trying the library but don't hold out a lot of hope...
(Perhaps we should have picked one by, oooh, I don't know, say Huge Laurie?
Rod.
I've just done a google shopping search and they came up with:

74 stores from £1
49 stores from £2

https://www.google.co...­

You can get it quite cheap from any Amazon Marketplace.

The Kindle edition is £5.31
Rod B.
user 35132532
Aberystwyth, GB
Post #: 2
Thank-you, Stuart ~ I only ever get as far as Amazon for books and was getting £74 from their MarketPlace.
However, looking today, it seems a new edition is out and the prices (including Kindle, for which it wasn't available two days ago) are now down to sensible levels.
I stand corrected.
Stuart B.
user 7794356
Group Organizer
Bury, GB
Post #: 28
No problem Rod - I know you like to read kindle editions.

When I was looking for suggestions I tried to only select books that were relatively easy to get hold of and not too expensive. There were some books that we'd never be able to find copies of.