The Great Escape Book Club Message Board › Meet Up - Saturday, April 7 - Duck & Decanter
|A former member||
Our discussion is coming up on this (imho) difficult, but engrossing book. I thought I would also send out a few questions for you to consider.
* Did you like the book? Would you add it to your permanent book collection? What did you like / not like about this book?
* Do you agree that Unbroken is the perect title for Hillenbrand's book? Why? If not, what do you feel would be more fitting?
* What emotion did the story bring out most in you?
* Even before his wartime travails, Louie Zamperini's athletic abilities had already guaranteed him a notable life. Do you think certain people are predisposed to greatness or do situations bring it out in them?
* The role of the Hiroshima & Nagaski bombings in Japan's surrender & the US's ethical justification for them has been the subject of debate for decades. What are your thoughts about the bombing after reading the book? Were they changed after you read the book?
Looking forward to hearing all your thoughts!