The Sound and The Fury by William Faulkner
The Sound and the Fury is the tragedy of the Compson family, featuring some of the most memorable characters in literature: beautiful, rebellious Caddy; the manchild Benjy; haunted, neurotic Quentin; Jason, the brutal cynic; and Dilsey, their black servant. Their lives fragmented and harrowed by history and legacy, the character’s voices and actions mesh to create what is arguably Faulkner’s masterpiece and one of the greatest novels of the twentieth century.
- Our rain day backup will be Panera. So check for an update the night before.
- We will be meeting at Shea Memorial Skating Rink.
- Be on time! It might get hard to find us later. We will wait for about 10 minutes at the skating rink, and then carpool up to the Chickatawbut Picnic Overlook area at Blue Hills Reservation.
- Leave a message in the comments if you need a ride from the T or can give a ride.
- Please describe in the comments what food you're bringing, or if you're covering drinks, cups, plates, cutlery, etc.
The next few book selections will be coordinated by:
June - Dwain
July - Barbara
August - Wei
September - Eliza
Have a book suggestion for an upcoming meetup?
Add it to the South Shore discussion on the Bulletin Board here.
Read the book if you're planning to come. Be a participant, not a spectator.