Join us for a featured talk by Mr Gavin Bauman of Microsoft on the amazing Azure Media Services and delivering at scale, plus an opening talk on an early look at the handy Fire & Remember with SKQ pattern by Bill Wilder.
• NERD @ One Memorial Drive, 1st floor, Sampson/Paul - Theatre style
• Be sure to bring government-issued photo ID for admittance to the building
• 6:00 - 6:30 - Gather, grab a bite, socialize
• 6:30 - 7:00 - Opening talk by Bill Wilder - as opposed to Fire & Forget, sometimes we want to Fire & Remember. Let's look at addressing that with a Scorekeeping Queue (SKQ), an early look at this handy and versatile async pattern.
• 7:00 - 8:15 - Featured talk by Gavin from Bauman of Microsoft: HIGH-SCALE MEDIA DELIVERY WITH AZURE MEDIA SERVICES
8:15 - 8:30 - Q&A, announcements
• 8:30 - ... - maybe get a social beverage locally
HIGH-SCALE MEDIA DELIVERY WITH AZURE MEDIA SERVICES
Encoding media for an audience is hard. Scaling that encoded media -- even harder. With Azure Media Services, it no longer needs to be! Join Gavin Bauman, Microsoft Technical Evangelist and media nerd, as he details how to get started encoding, delivering, and protecting your media with Azure Media Services.