This event is at Microsoft NERD. Government-issued ID needed for entry. Please check in at the security desk with photo id on street level. They will direct you to the first floor.
6:00-6:30: Gather, eat, drink, and be social
6:30-7:30/8:00: Featured talk - Jason Haley
8:00-8:15: Announcements - then done!
FEATURED TALK: Getting Started with Azure Kubernetes Service
FEATURED SPEAKER: Jason Haley
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) is a managed Kubernetes service that you can use to host your containerized applications with in Azure. If you are looking to get started with Kubernetes - AKS is a great place to start.
In this presentation Jason will cover topics that should help you get started, such as:
1. High level overview of containers, Docker and Kubernetes
2. How to provision an AKS cluster
3. Using the Kubernetes dashboard
4. Using kubectl with AKS
5. Deploying an application to AKS
6. Helm - what it is and how to use it
7. Walkthrough a DevOps pipeline
8. Visual Studio 2019 tooling and DevSpaces
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Jason Haley is a Microsoft Azure MVP, Independent Consultant specializing in Azure and Angular. He tries to stay involved in the developer community around the Boston area.