5:30 pm - Arrive Early - Setup the Room - Talk Freely
6:00 pm - Introductions
7:00 pm - EXPERT TALK in TWO LANGUAGES
In English, translated into Mandarin OR
Expert speaks in BOTH languages -
a few sentences in one language,
then a few sentences (same idea) in the other
September 17 - 30-minute PowerPoint 'expert presentation'
Brian Clement, ND, PhD, of West Palm Beach, Florida:
"Comparing Vegetarian and Nonvegetarian Diets: How DO We COMPARE Them?"
8:00 pm - Break into Mandarin-speaking groups
8:00 pm - English Pronunciation Clinic
9:45 pm - Let's straighten up and get out of there.
* Mandarin speakers want to practice English?
* English speakers want to learn Mandarin?
* Nerdy Chinese folks want to bring friends and have a fun, FREE "outing" in Boston just talking with nerdy strangers in English or Mandarin?
Our stable location is in Kresge 201 in the most gracious and globally conscious Harvard School of Public Health.
All Mandarin speakers (and English-speakers, too) need to register IN ADVANCE to get an HSPH building permission for the night.
E-Mail LMA_Mandarin@YMail.com and Maynard.Clark@GMail.com to register your intent AND sign YES on this meetup.
We would like your request by 4 pm the day before the Tuesday evening event. However, IF you sign up later, that could still incentivize others to attend.
Requesting your building access should be done earlier, but you may still be able to get into the Harvard building.
* Harvard Square to LMA is about 30 minutes on #66 bus or the M2 Harvard bus.
* Green Line E-Line comes to the building.
* Walking from the Orange Line takes about 5-10 minutes.
* Walking from Brookline is about 10 minutes.
* MFA, NEU, Wentworth, and Colleges of the Fenway are adjacent.
* Route 9 comes right into the area.
* Street parking is FREE from 6 pm onward.
Read more: http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/grp/3845050449.html