addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston PHP Message Board Boston PHP Meetup Discussion Forum › Chapter 09: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Chapter 09: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,423
@David @David -- Check out free hosting at 000webhost.com.
Peter P.
Peter_Phelps
Bonita Springs, FL
Post #: 20
Hello Peter. You probably need to add the port to the server setting. You would use localhost:8889 instead of just localhost.
Larry:

Thanks.
I fixed it by going to the MySQL offered by my ISP instead of using MAMP. From what I have learned from Gene's help and my fellow "Percolators" and your excellent book, I am now ready to use a more production-oriented approach now - so the ISP provided MySQL is going to work more seamlessly. I got some help from my software gurus at the office and exported everything to the other system.

Back on track --- thanks.
LOVING this class.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,425
@Peter -- smile
David D.
DaveDoyle
Boston, MA
Post #: 12
ok special thanks going out to my fellow percolator and Best Friend/Cousin Jim Merrikin for once again helping me out. He has given me access to the databases on his host. so here is my chapter 09 assignment.
http://www.jmerrikin....­
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,450
@David -- Good work.
Peter P.
Peter_Phelps
Bonita Springs, FL
Post #: 21
@Gene:

Whew --- tough Chapter!!!

Spent about an hour looking for an "{"
Had to use word and do a find to see if { and } were != and there was a missing { UGHHH

http://www.peterphelp...­

On to Chapter 10.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,463
@Peter -- Nice work. Thanks for helping lead the way and modeling the behavior we'll need to be successful.
Ashlie
user 4442959
Somerville, MA
Post #: 14
chapter 9 completed. I added the pursue section with various interactions with the banking database. stuck with the UPDATE, INSERT, SELECT queries for this one.
A very long chapter as well, but feeling like it's coming together!
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,472
@Ashlie -- Nice work. Important chapter. Core skills learned here.
A former member
Post #: 11
Chapter 9 Complete!