addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston PHP Message Board Boston PHP Meetup Discussion Forum › Chapter 14: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Chapter 14: PHP Percolate! Season 6

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,446

Welcome to the Chapter 14 discussion area for PHP Percolate! Season 6. Please read the chapter, complete the tutorials and post a link to your completed work. Then, let your fellow percolators know how you are progressing by clicking the Add a reply link.

Return to >> Master Discussion List
David P.
Dukie
Boston, MA
Post #: 95
@Gene...Challenging...Chapter 14...Chartered...cool...Play Time...
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,467
@David -- Chapter 14 seems cryptic to me. Chapter 15 seems more like play time.
Mike M.
SeabrookMLM
Seabrook, NH
Post #: 80
Hi Gene. Here are the chapter 14 exercises and review. Thanks!
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,469
@Mike -- I'm going to trust that you got this one right since I haven't worked through this chapter yet. We'll be back on more familiar territory (for me) in Chapter 15.
Judy V.
user 52789062
Boston, MA
Post #: 24
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,509
@Judy -- Nice job with regular expressions.
Ken H.
Ken_H.
Boston, MA
Post #: 93
Hello again -

Another chapter being submitted. Please visit my website and check out the Chapter 14 work. I've used regular expressions in the past, but it was a good refresher, and of course, getting the PHP functions that operate with the regular expressions was new.

I read Chapter 14 and 15 (jQuery) while sitting on jury duty, so I got the idea to put a little different spin on the exercises for Chapter 14. I added some additional buttons and jQuery code to fill in some of the examples from the text into the form. I thought that it would be helpful to fill in some of the more complex regular expressions. It gives an easier starting point for experimentation. I also added varying amounts of information in a "Display Help" section that I put on the pages. (Maybe it's helpful, it was not that easy as it is usually a challenge to step "outside the box" and try to combine some of these things together in a useful way.) Charts with some of the regular expression special character, qualifiers, etc. A little bit of CSS practice, since that's always something I need to try and use!

Hope you're all doing well - on to the jQuery chapter! Have a good week!
Ken

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,529
@Ken -- Very practical enhancements. Good work combining several technologies. Excellent example of how to add value while waiting to be seated for jury duty.
Sunday O.
user 24873532
Lagos, NG
Post #: 24
Here is my Chapter 14