jQuery jAM, Season 6
NOTE: Season 6 will be led by veteran Senior Percolator, Mike Murphy (http://www.meetup.com/bostonphp/members/12364215/). We are honored to be mentored by an industry professional who brings enthusiasm and wit to this challenging journey ahead of us. Expect an e-mail from Mike on launch day. Let's start jAMmin'!
The format of a virtual self-study group is as follows:
• Each participant commits to read one chapter per week, complete the exercises and post links to your completed work.
• Each participant obtains assistance by posting questions to a discussion area set up on the Boston PHP Message Board (http://www.meetup.com/bostonphp/messages/boards/thread/49475363/) for each chapter. Each participant will receive personal feedback, as well as, a weekly group e-mail update.
• Each participant who completes the book is recognized on the Self-Study Group | Wall of Accomplishment (http://www.meetup.com/bostonphp/messages/boards/thread/21414292).
Note: There is no classroom instruction. There are no webcasts. There are no scheduled appointments of any kind.
Once you have access to the book, you simply proceed at a pace that best fits into your current work/life schedule. You DO NOT need to live in the Boston area to participate. Invite your friends, family members and co-workers to join in the fun!
How do I get started?
• Become a member of Boston PHP if you are not already a member. Simply click: Join us!
• Register for jQuery jAM, Season 6 (http://www.meetup.com/bostonphp/events/222679706/). Simply RSVP: Yes
When your book arrives, start your virtual learning by reading one chapter at a time, completing the exercises and posting a link to your completed work.
Q: How long will the course last?
A: We will cover 21 chapters in the book starting Sunday, January 17 and ending Saturday, June 11. Refer to the jQuery jAM, Season 6 -- Master Discussion List (http://www.meetup.com/bostonphp/messages/boards/thread/49475363/) (coming soon) for specific dates.
Q: Do I have to wait until Sunday, January 17 to begin?
A: No need to wait! Feel free to begin as soon as you obtain a copy of your book. Simply post a message on the Introduce Yourself: jQuery jAM, Season 6 (http://www.meetup.com/bostonphp/messages/boards/thread/49475371/) message board once you receive your book so that we can gauge participation. Then, proceed at a pace that best fits your current work/life schedule.
Q: Do I have to live in Boston to participate?
A: Not at all. This program is virtual. We have successful graduates from many states and even have graduates from countries in Europe and Africa.
Q: What if I have additional questions?
A: Simply post a reply below and you will receive a response.
Let's start jAMmin'!!