"Narrowing the skills gap, one chapter at a time."
NOTE: This virtual self-study group will be led by Vickie Comrie, Senior Percolator. Learn more about becoming a Senior Percolator and giving back to the Boston PHP community.
This virtual self-study group will focus on WordPress. The pdf book + theme + updates we will be using are from The Tao of WordPress.
Self-Study Group Format
The format of a virtual self-study group is as follows:
• Each participant obtains a copy of the same pdf book: The Tao of WordPress.
• Each participant commits to read one chapter per week, complete the exercises and post links to your completed work.
• Each participant obtains assistance by posting questions to a discussion area set up on the Boston PHP Message Board for each chapter. Each comment will receive a response. Participants will also receive a weekly group e-mail update.
• Each participant who completes the book is recognized on the Self-Study Group | Wall of Accomplishment.
Note: There is no classroom instruction. There are no webcasts. There are no scheduled appointments of any kind.
Once you have access to the book, you simply proceed at a pace that best fits into your current work/life schedule.
How Do I Get Started?
• Become a member of Boston PHP Meetup if you are not already a member. Simply click: Join us!
• Register for WordPress Dressing, Season 1. Simply RSVP: Yes
• Obtain a copy of the book (the only program cost). Simply visit The Tao of WordPress website and Buy Book ($38). Then, start your virtual learning by reading one chapter at a time, completing the exercises and posting a link to your completed work.
Q: How long will the course last?
A: We will cover 12 chapters in the book starting Sunday, January 14, 2018 and ending Saturday, April 7, 2018. Refer to the Introduction to WordPress -- Master Discussion List for specific dates.
Q: Do I have to wait until Sunday, January 14 TBD to begin?
A: No need to wait! Feel free to begin as soon as you obtain a copy of your pdf book. Simply post a message on the Introduce Yourself message board once you receive your book so that we can gauge participation. Then, proceed at a pace that best fits your current work/life schedule.
Q: What if I have additional questions?
A: Simply post a reply below ("Add a comment") and you will receive a response.
Invite your friends, family members and co-workers to join in the fun. Then, let's start pressing!