"Narrowing the skills gap, one chapter at a time."
NOTE: This virtual self-study group will be led by Gene Babon, Chief Percolator. Learn more about becoming a Senior Percolator, leading a virtual self-study group and giving back to the Boston PHP community.
This virtual self-study group will focus on fundamental WordPress development. Lynda.com (rebranded as LinkedIn Learning) offers a 14-part series entitled Become a Junior WordPress Developer.
Access to this certificate program is available for FREE to Boston Public Library or Cambridge Public Library members.
Self-Study Group Format
The format of a virtual self-study group is as follows:
• Each participant gains access to a Lynda.com (LinkedIn Learning) account.
• Each participant commits to review one video-based series per week, complete any exercises and post links to a sample WordPress website you will develop along the way.
• Each participant obtains assistance by posting questions to a discussion area set up on the Boston PHP Message Board (link below) for each module. Each comment will receive a response. Participants will also receive a weekly group e-mail update.
• Each participant will receive a certificate to post to your LinkedIn account upon completion of each module.
NOTE: There is no classroom instruction. There are no webcasts. There are no scheduled appointments of any kind.
Once you have access to Lynda.com (LinkedIn Learning), you simply proceed at a pace that best fits into your current work/life schedule.
How Do I Get Started?
• Become a member of Boston PHP Meetup if you are not already a member. Simply click: Join us!
• Register for WordPress Dressing, Season 2. Simply RSVP: Yes
• Obtain access to Become a Junior WordPress Developer. Then, start your virtual learning by reviewing one video-based module at a time, completing the exercises and posting a link to your completed work.
Q: How long will the course last?
A: We will cover 15 modules starting Sunday, September 8, 2019 and ending Saturday, December 21. Refer to the Introduction to WordPress -- Master Discussion List for specific dates.
Q: Do I have to wait until Sunday, September 8 to begin?
A: No need to wait! Feel free to begin as soon as you obtain access to LinkedIn Learning. Simply post a message on the Introduce Yourself message board once you gain access so that we can gauge participation. Then, proceed at a pace that best fits your current work/life schedule.
Q: What if I have additional questions?
A: Simply post a reply below ("Add a comment") and you will receive a response.
Invite your friends, family members and co-workers to join in the fun. Then, let's start pressing words!