"Narrowing the skills gap, one chapter at a time."
This virtual self-study group will focus on the fundamentals of agile development practices. LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) offers a 12-module series (14 hours) entitled Become an Agile Software Developer. Agile practices help teams focus on delivering valuable and relevant products to customers. Learn the foundations, tips, and tricks for software project management and agile coding techniques in this learning path.
Access to this certificate program is available for FREE to Boston Public Library or Cambridge Public Library members.
NOTE: This virtual self-study group will begin on time. Currently, Season 3 does not have a Senior Percolator (facilitator). A Senior Percolator is someone who is interested in the topic, participates AND is willing to lead by helping others along the journey with periodic communications. Learn more about becoming a Senior Percolator and giving back to the Boston PHP community.
Self-Study Group Format
The format of a virtual self-study group is as follows:
• Each participant commits to review one video-based series per week, complete any exercises and post links to completed work, if required.
• Each participant obtains assistance by posting questions to a discussion area set up on the Boston PHP Message Board for each module. Each comment will receive a response from your Senior Percolator (facilitator). Participants will also receive a weekly group e-mail update from your Senior Percolator (facilitator).
• Each participant will receive a certificate to post to your LinkedIn account upon completion of each module.
NOTE: There is no classroom instruction. There are no webcasts. There are no scheduled appointments of any kind.
Once you have access to LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com), you simply proceed at a pace that best fits into your current work/life schedule.
How Do I Get Started?
• Become a member of Boston PHP Meetup if you are not already a member. Simply click: Join us!
• Register for Agile Appetizer, Season 3. Simply RSVP: Yes
• Obtain access to Become an Agile Software Developer. Then, start your virtual learning by reviewing one video-based module at a time, completing the exercises and posting a link to your completed work.
Q: How long will the course last?
A: We will cover 12 modules starting on Sunday, February 2, 2020 and ending on Saturday, April 25, 2020.
Q: Do I have to wait until to begin?
A: No need to wait! Feel free to begin as soon as you gain access to Lynda.com. Simply post a message on the Introduce Yourself: Agile Appetizer, Season 3 message board so that we can gauge commitment and participation. Then, proceed at a pace that best fits your current work/life schedule.
Q: Do I have to live in Boston to participate?
A: Not at all. This program is virtual. We have successful graduates from many states and even have graduates from countries in Europe and Africa.
Q: What if I have additional questions?
A: Simply post a reply below and you will receive a response.
Invite your techie friends and co-workers to join in the fun.
Let's get agile!