addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Boston PHP Message Board Boston PHP Meetup Discussion Forum › HTML5 Brunch Master Discussion List

HTML5 Brunch Master Discussion List

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 779

Here is the Master List of HTML5 Brunch discussions. Feel free to access the discussion for the lesson (chapter) you are currently working on and let your fellow brunchmates know how you are progressing.

Lesson 01: HTML5 Brunch | January 1 - January 7
Lesson 02: HTML5 Brunch | Optional (January 8 - January 14)
Lesson 03: HTML5 Brunch | Optional (January 15 - January 21
Lesson 04: HTML5 Brunch | Optional (January 22 - January 28)
Lesson 05: HTML5 Brunch | Optional (January 29 - February 4)
Lesson 06: HTML5 Brunch | February 5 - February 11
Lesson 07: HTML5 Brunch | February 12 - February 18
Lesson 08: HTML5 Brunch | February 19 - February 25
Lesson 09: HTML5 Brunch | February 26 - March 3
Lesson 10: HTML5 Brunch | March 4 - March 10
Lesson 11: HTML5 Brunch | March 11 - March 17
Lesson 12: HTML5 Brunch | March 18 - March 24
Lesson 13: HTML5 Brunch | March 25 - March 31
Lesson 14: HTML5 Brunch | April 1 - April 7
Lesson 15: HTML5 Brunch | April 8 - April 14 CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION

Thanks,

Gene Babon
Cap'n Brunch
Samuel S.
Sam.l
Harpswell, ME
Post #: 50
I've acquired the book in Kindle format and have begun reading. Although experienced at XHTML and CSS2.0 I plan to do at least some of the optional chapters' exercises as reading in Ch. 1 I've already encountered some "good practice" points I wasn't aware of.

Sam'l
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 805
@Sam'l -- Yeah, best practice stuff is always good learn and brush up on. Good plan to get an early start and brush up on a few extra chapters along the way.
A former member
Post #: 4
Made a spiffy logo for the group smile
- Hans

Barb O.
barboconnell
Boston, MA
Post #: 1
Lol, I like the logo! Yummy!
A former member
Post #: 1
I've acquired the book in Kindle format and have begun reading.

I really wish I had gotten the book in Kindle format! I hadn't stopped to think that it's possible to read a Kindle-format book on a laptop - with my aged eyes, I'm having lots of trouble bouncing back and forth between the book and the screen.
David D.
Pegleg
Boston, MA
Post #: 6
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,071
@David -- Thanks!
Randy B.
randy1200
Danville, NH
Post #: 54
I've acquired the book in Kindle format and have begun reading.

I really wish I had gotten the book in Kindle format! I hadn't stopped to think that it's possible to read a Kindle-format book on a laptop - with my aged eyes, I'm having lots of trouble bouncing back and forth between the book and the screen.

It's a bit of a pain to have reference books in general or programming books specifically on the Kindle. I just completed lesson 15, and flipping back and forth isn't quite as easy as a paper book. Definitely prefer the large format Kindle for this.

That said, I have the book on Kindle. Having reduced the size of the book bag I carry every day more than makes up for the chunkiness of flipping back and forth. Being able to change the font size on the Kindle is a nice plus. I've given up on publishers who print in very small fonts to save paper - There's more than a bit of irony in how much paper they save by making their products unusable.

Randy