addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston PHP Message Board Boston PHP Meetup Discussion Forum › jQuery jAM Website Feedback

jQuery jAM Website Feedback

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,907

Welcome to the discussion area for the jQuery jAM Website. Please offer feedback about this supplemental resource below.

Return to >> Master Discussion List
Mike M.
SeabrookMLM
Seabrook, NH
Post #: 55
I went through all of the Navigation tutorials, really liked the first three, and posted the second one (sliding sub-menu). Four thru ten were a bit ornate, but just for me.
I coded one and three (Sebastian Sulinski's dropdowns) which I really wanted to use. I spent hours on the first one, never got it to work, even after directly copying his code and directory structure. I always got the first list to fill, never enabled the rest, confirming for me that I don't know what I'm doing. There will be other opportunities. Thank you.
Gary J.
gmgj
Boston, MA
Post #: 20
The Tutorials are WICKED COOL PISSAH. Thanks a lot.
Jen S.
inkpixelspaper
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 4
Catching up on Chapters 2-5, after being sidetracked by a potential job in Seattle (didn't get).

In my spare time, I'm building an app: http://eztipper.com...­ — will be adding the visual design to it over the next week or so, now that I have the javascript working.

Do you really want me to upload the sample code? Isn't that just the stuff that you download with the book? Maybe I haven't seen a section on going off on our own, yet.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,932
@Jen -- You can simply download the working code and call it your own, but that's not learning. Instead, as you follow along in the book, typing in the code as you go, you will create muscle memory. That's what most of us are doing.
Jen S.
inkpixelspaper
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 7
That's what I'm doing, but I expected things to look more different. That would take quite a bit longer to cover the material, though, so I guess I'll stick with what other are doing.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,934
@Jen -- Feel free to build something along the way with the help of jQuery jAM | Tutorials and post your supplemental work for fellow jAMmers to behold.
Mike M.
SeabrookMLM
Seabrook, NH
Post #: 57
Gene: A few of these links are not working at the moment.

Tutorials on jQuery effects and other stuff:
How to Create a Game Using jQuery

Lists of jQuery tutorials, plugins and resources:
Best 10 jQuery API Tutorials
10 jQuery Panel Slider Plugins

Tutorials on jQuery Mobile:
12+ jQuery Mobile Layout Plugins and Examples
7 Pretty Cool jQuery Mobile Plugins

No complaint as there are plenty of others to work with.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,964
@Mike -- Thanks for the update. All of these links appear to have "beta" in the link and appear on the "beta"­ site. I haven't been updating this site since I went live about a month ago. Use the live (non-beta) site instead and let me know if you find any dead links there. Thanks ~ Gene
Bob H.
BobHickey
Dedham, MA
Post #: 69
Finished going thru the last 3 chaps. Nothing to post, but lots of good tips, tricks and best practices. I am working on a website for a basketball program with a MySQL database, PHP backend, and HTML5 frontend with Javascript/jQuery enhancements. Looking to go the progressive enhancement route, so it will take some time to get to the point of adding the javascript. As a longtime developer (mainframe mostly), learning new languages and tools is lots of fun. Thanks Gene et al. for providing the format and support for learning.